EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 18 May 2018, 11:54 PM   #1
edu

Domain + email accounts

I need you help.

Can you tell me about some good company offering domain (not at high price) + free email accounts + privacy in the domain at 0 cost, apart from Gandi.net?

Thanks.
edu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 May 2018, 10:35 AM   #2
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
bigrock.in
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2018, 05:05 PM   #3
edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
bigrock.in
Thanks, I'll take a look.
Do you use it or know how is the webmail?
Old 19 May 2018, 08:51 PM   #4
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by edu View Post
Thanks, I'll take a look.
Do you use it or know how is the webmail?
Open Xchange. I don’t like it.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2018, 02:15 AM   #5
edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
Open Xchange. I don’t like it.
Ok, thanks!
Old 22 May 2018, 01:34 AM   #6
j_b

With a bit of diy
Domain registration: namesilo is considered cheap and offers free whois privacy,
or https://tld-list.com/ to find cheapest registrar with free whois privacy for your tld (including promo code if any)
Then the usual suspects for domain hosted email: zoho (I understand no more IMAP in the free version), or yandex (some caveats), or migadu.
j_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 02:41 AM   #7
edu

Thanks a lot j_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_b View Post
With a bit of diy
Domain registration: namesilo is considered cheap and offers free whois privacy,
or https://tld-list.com/ to find cheapest registrar with free whois privacy for your tld (including promo code if any)
Then the usual suspects for domain hosted email: zoho (I understand no more IMAP in the free version), or yandex (some caveats), or migadu.
Old 22 May 2018, 07:54 AM   #8
TenFour
Master of the @

Porkbun offers .com domains for $8.84 a year, and other domains for less. I think they are one of the lowest for regular pricing, but you can often find special offers from companies like Namesilo. They both are reliable and offer good service, in my experience. Zoho offers free email at your own domain. You can receive email at your own domain using forwarding, and then can send using regular free Gmail with a limit of 100 emails sent per day using Gmail's SMTP server. Personally, I think you have to factor in many other things beyond price alone for email, but you make your own choices.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 01:44 PM   #9
edu

Thanks TenFour.

I will try with namesilo and I will add the domain to my Fastmail account. I see it's very cheap now and they even have the option to choose Fastmail when registering the domain .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Porkbun offers .com domains for $8.84 a year, and other domains for less. I think they are one of the lowest for regular pricing, but you can often find special offers from companies like Namesilo. They both are reliable and offer good service, in my experience. Zoho offers free email at your own domain. You can receive email at your own domain using forwarding, and then can send using regular free Gmail with a limit of 100 emails sent per day using Gmail's SMTP server. Personally, I think you have to factor in many other things beyond price alone for email, but you make your own choices.
Old 22 May 2018, 10:02 PM   #10
j_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by edu View Post
my Fastmail account
If you're already client of Fastmail then there is no contest, FM is reputed to be 1 of the best email provider out there (with or without own domain) for personal email at least. Not sure about pricing but that should be irrelevant for you since you are already FM client. And yes, if you use Namesilo DNS then they have a FM template to set up MX records in their DNS zone.
Old 22 May 2018, 10:27 PM   #11
edu

Quote:
If you're already client of Fastmail then there is no contest, FM is reputed to be 1 of the best email provider out there (with or without own domain) for personal email at least. Not sure about pricing but that should be irrelevant for you since you are already FM client. And yes, if you use Namesilo DNS then they have a FM template to set up MX records in their DNS zone.
Yes, very cheap domain and already working great with Fastmail
Old 13 Jun 2018, 06:05 AM   #12
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
With a bit of diy
Slightly offtopic but does tld-list.com offer the cheapest registrars for each and every TLD? That sounds like an uphill task to keep that list up-to-date. How do they manage that? Since the release of a whole lot of new TLD's, we're talking about hundreds of TLD's.

I would love to buy a .tv domain name for my photo portfolio, but so far it's been a bit too expensive for me compared to the desired name with an added -photography.com
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2018, 11:18 PM   #13
j_b

No, tld-list does not carry all the registrars/resellers.
For instance they don't cover the chinese registrars , like https://www.alibabacloud.com/domain/pricing here who currently seems to offer .com @ $6.5 i.e. among the cheapest (excluding promotions).

..Why won't you consider a .photo domain for your photography website, which could be slightly cheaper than .tv ?
Old 16 Jun 2018, 04:03 AM   #14
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Why won't you consider a .photo domain for your photography website, which could be slightly cheaper than .tv ?
It would be much cheaper to register a .com domain, and then add a subdomain for the photography website, for example:

http://photography.tsunami.com
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2018, 06:56 PM   #15
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
It would be much cheaper to register a .com domain, and then add a subdomain for the photography website, for example:

http://photography.tsunami.com
Ya know I clicked that link. <sheepish grin> LOL

Interesting thread, seriously considering getting my own domain and email address. Also switching to services that let "me" manage my junk mail. Tired of having to log in to the provider to check my spam, junk mail folders for legit emails. At one point, the big three Yahoo, Outlook and Gmail used to allow for filters but they no longer work.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote