EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 3 Jun 2005, 10:12 AM   #181
Gankaku

The only thing I could think of that sounded like that was OnlineHomebase, which is a site. Which is why I was asking.

Was it NoteTab ?
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:45 PM   #182
Starion
Essential Contributor

I like NoteTab.

Max's HTML Beauty is good too.
http://www.htmlbeauty.com/

NVU has a tabbed interface
http://www.nvu.com/

These are all the free HTML editors that I'm familliar with.
Starion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jun 2005, 01:52 PM   #183
DianeB
Cornerstone of the Community

Gosh, this is why I fell in love with FM forums to start with!! So many wonderful replies in record time.
Thanks guys & gals.

I've not had a chance to check on but one, & that was KeyNote & it 'appears' to be the one I was thinking of. But I'm going to check the other links out also, as I don't really need anything super involved.

I had 2 fillings at dentist today, along with the start of a crown. Have to be at oral surgeon's office 8am sharp tomorrow (Friday) to have 3 teeth pulled--big time ouchie!, so it will be a few days before I can check the other links.

Whatever you do, don't ever put off going to dentist for regular scheduled checkups. My kids (teenagers), have put me through so much the past few years, that I put myself on the 'back burner' sort to speak, & put off going to dentist for almost 3 years & now I'm facing all of this.
I almost cried when I found I had to actually have some of them pulled instead of filled.

Oops, off-topic here!

Thanks again to all of you & have a great weekend!

~Diane

Last edited by DianeB : 3 Jun 2005 at 03:46 PM.
DianeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jun 2005, 07:18 AM   #184
JeffK

I came across this site which may be of interest re freeware. www.xtort.net - shame about the name - reads like extortion but I am assured it isn't in any way.

Thinking of you Diane. Hope things work out better for you.

Jeff
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jun 2005, 12:16 PM   #185
DianeB

Thanks Jeff!

Another link is just what I need tonight. I'm feeling better than I thought I would, yet not up to doing much that takes a lot of concentration. So scanning your link to see what goodies I can find, might be just what the doctor (dentist) ordered, along with 4 prescriptions & bed rest!

Looks like it will be plenty to keep me occupied off/on & maybe I'll get lucky & pick up a few nifty programs.

~Diane
BTW--oral surgeon & his staff was absolutely wonderful. YAY!
DianeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jun 2005, 08:50 PM   #186
silasm0

freeware

Doesn't anyone use the VanBasco midi player? It's for karaoke. It's free and comes with some really neat songs. The singing songs are really hard. I don't think any famous singer would care to put his reputation on the line singing them. Anyone who can sing 'You're so True' in private, can sing in public. This player is probably is good as Winamp.
silasm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jun 2005, 10:52 AM   #187
Starion
Essential Contributor

I haven't heard of MIDI Karaoke before. I will look at the website at http://www.vanbasco.com/

Thanks for sharing the URL.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:23 AM   #188
PhiloVance
Essential Contributor

Van Basco is a great little player. IIRC it also plays .kar files (Kareoke) and while they're playing you can turn on a switch and see the words. Neat.
PhiloVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2005, 08:01 AM   #189
ktoto

anti-virus?

sorry for resurrecting this old topic, but I guess it's better than starting a new one..

anway, can someone recommend me a good, free virus protection? The one I had originally on my computer is expired, so I really need a new one. I saw some offers in this thread already, but it's hard to chose..

thanks in advance!
ktoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2005, 01:21 PM   #190
Starion
Essential Contributor

AVG Free Edition by www.grisoft.com. Click the downloads link on the left, then the programs link.

The only other program that I am familliar with is Avast. Go to http://www.avast.com/ to download Avast 4.x home edition.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 09:54 AM   #191
dantheman

Copernic Desktop Search

CDS keeps on getting better as it now does an excellent job at searching Thunderbird messages (highlighting what it finds) as well digging out Firefox bookmarks (although this browser already does it pretty well). These are some of the reasons i prefer CDS over MSNs', Googles' or Yahoos'

http://www.copernic.com/en/downloads/index.html
dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Aug 2005, 12:08 AM   #192

Re: SyncNotes

Quote:
Originally posted by beeboy
I'm always testing note/reminder programs. I never seem to find one I like. This one is very unique.

When you make a new note a copy is saved on your computer and online in a private account. The program can synchronize your notes whenever you go online or at set times.

You can email notes to others. The program will send it to their syncnote account, therefore directly to their desktop at the time of sync. If they do not have syncnotes, the note is sent to their email address.

It does have limitations as to the amount of text per note. No other file formats are used.

This service is free. Their intentions are to keep it free. I'm not sure what the 'catch' is if any.

It seems to work quite well. Test emails were fast.

http://www.syncnotes.com

Hello Everyone

There is some good news for all you SyncNotes fans. The SyncNotes PocketPC Edition has been nominated by the Pocket PC Magazine Best Software Awards 2005.

http://www.syncnotes.com/WebView/ima...tPCNominee.gif

Edit: I dont know why the image tag shows as link and not an image...
anyways you could check out the nominees list @ http://www.pocketpcmag.com/awards/ca...catid=45#Notes

And you can also check the other awards won by SyncNotes here: http://www.syncnotes.com/WebView/awards.aspx#bottompage
Old 18 Aug 2005, 06:07 AM   #193
Sherry

Here's something I use every day (especially on the Forums ). It's a spell checker script that works with MS Word's spell checker. You just hi-lite/copy what you want checked then use the script to make corrections and paste back in. It does not need to run in memory. I call it up from my Quick Launch bar so it's always handy. It can spell check anything you type and hi-lite/copy so it's not just for forums or email. I think I got mine in 2003 from Scott's Newsletter that linked to PC911. There is also a script on that page that will put a spelling button in IE that does not interfere with the spell.vbs script.

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2005, 08:55 AM   #194
silasm0

essential PIM

Essential PIM is easy to install. It stands for Personal Information Manager. And it's free. 1 can remember his e mail address, schedule, and some notes in html.
silasm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2005, 05:21 AM   #195
Gankaku

EverNote is one that ReuvenNY told me about...it's pretty great.

I am still in search of an HTML notepad type of thing that's free. I've been paying OHB for two years, but I'm not working anymore, so not only can I not afford it, I don't need a paid account now. So I'm going back to their free account. I think it's just the search and discovery that is fun. So I've been digging unsuccessfully for some new site like OHB. There's nothing out there that keeps notes in html format.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote