EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 3 Jan 2017, 05:36 AM   #1
andrej

How do I create a new folder in my webmail?

I am following the directions located at:

https://www.fastmail.com/help/receive/folders.html

In Step 1, it says, "Click the "Create or edit folders" link at the bottom of the folder list. This will bring up the Settings → Folders screen." I do that, but that just brings up a list of current folders with edit buttons. There is no option to create a new folder at the base level.

In Step 2, it says, "Enter the name of the new folder." I cannot do that, because there is no textfield to enter any names except for the Search bar, which does not allow folder creation.

How do I create a new folder in my webmail?

Last edited by andrej : 4 Jan 2017 at 06:36 AM.
andrej is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Jan 2017, 06:25 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Error in help (swap steps 2<>3)

You can get to the Folders setup screen by clicking the link at the bottom of the folder tree (be careful - there are two links down there) or navigating to Settings>Folders.

The instructions have an error. You should swap steps 2 and 3. So you just use the Create Folder button at the top of the Folders screen then follow the help or just do what's obvious on the screen. You must click Save at the top for the new folder to be created.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jan 2017, 06:54 AM   #3
andrej

I did not even see that I was supposed to look along the toolbar to find a dedicated Create Folder button. I thought that I looked there before and did not see it. We're set.
andrej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jan 2017, 06:56 AM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Yeah .... by the way, check your PM's here at Fastmail. Nothing crucial, but I sent you a suggestion. I have already alerted Fastmail to the bug in Help and they will fix it.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote