EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 9 Apr 2002, 01:19 AM   #1
petergh
Master of the @

Cool Full member count increased by one! :-D

Hello fellow FastMailers!

Today, after long and thorough considerations, I surrendered my credit card details to Rob and Jeremy and gave them $19.95 for a one-year subscription to a full account.

Why did I do it?

There were simply too few reasons not to, as I see it! :-) I've messed around with about every e-mail client under the sun, but they all have their drawbacks; each and every one of them have their own proprietary database format (all incompatible with each other, of course), with a selected few you can't back up the settings but have to spend hours setting everything up after a backup, and finally there's the problem of synchronising the client with the mail server. IMAP is supposed to take care of that problem, and it probably does too, in theory, but experience tells me that most popular clients have terrible support for it. Besides, it's SLOW on my system, even though I have a 10 Mbit permanent connection! I'm an impatient soul when it comes to e-mail, I want it fast, I want to be able to access it anywhere, and I want without hassle. I've realised that the only real to way to achieve that (for me, at least) is through the web interface. Thank goodness Rob and Jeremy have worked so hard to make the interface the best interface I've seen in my seven years on the 'net.

Keep up the good work, guys! You deserve every penny of my $19.95.

Sincerely,

One Damn Satisfied User
(aka Peter Hansen, Denmark :-)
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Apr 2002, 01:38 AM   #2
spiderman
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Fastcheck.org
Welcme to Fastmail petergh!

But you had something wrong: I could not find any reason not to subscribe .

SM
spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2002, 02:22 AM   #3
psalzer

Yes, welcome petergh. You made a good choice. It's just going to get better and better, too.
psalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2002, 02:27 AM   #4
petergh
Master of the @

I'm not a newbie :-)

It seems I've given people the impression that I'm a newcomer to FastMail. I'm not, I've been lurking around for the past three or four months, wondering if I really needed FastMail enough to want to pay for it. Turns out I did. ;-)
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2002, 02:51 AM   #5
gpdoyon

Well still, welcoming to the paying part of the "family"!

- Gerry
gpdoyon is offline   Reply With Quote