EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 24 Dec 2014, 12:36 AM   #1
spthomas

unified web-based imap client

We are a consulting firm. We have people all over, using computers and networks they don't own, and don't have admin right to and can't install software on. I would really like to find a single web client where I can check and manage my email across several IMAP servers. Maybe gmail and yahoo too, but I do need to check mail on several IMAP servers on our company domain from the field.

I've found a few services that will let me do this after I install server and client software, which I can't. And some let me check POP3 email. But all my servers are IMAP. I need to check them from anywhere, and the native web client on my service is SOOO bad!

Is this possible? I've not found anything yet after searching several times.

Steve
spthomas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 Dec 2014, 02:23 AM   #2
cptlo306
Essential Contributor

Polarismail Enhanced Accounts allow you to add multiple imap accounts in the web interface.

Edit to add: It looks like the Polaris basic accounts support adding multiple imap accounts using Afterlogic webmail (https://al.emailarray.com) now also.
cptlo306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2014, 05:15 AM   #3
randian
Cornerstone of the Community

Several desktop email apps will do that. Airmail on the Mac, for example.
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2014, 10:58 AM   #4
spthomas

It looks like Polaris mail is selling email account to (in. Mailboxes). I don't need that. I have mailboxes on my domain. I just need to access them.

And as for the desktop clients, I cannot install software on a desktop, it's not my desktop. If I need a desktop I'd just use Thunderbird.

All I need is a good, fast Web client that can pull in mail from several IMAP servers.
spthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2014, 11:01 AM   #5
cptlo306
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spthomas View Post
It looks like Polaris mail is selling email account to (in. Mailboxes). I don't need that. I have mailboxes on my domain. I just need to access them.

And as for the desktop clients, I cannot install software on a desktop, it's not my desktop. If I need a desktop I'd just use Thunderbird.

All I need is a good, fast Web client that can pull in mail from several IMAP servers.
They do sell mailboxes but you can then add other IMAP accounts. You could even remove the Polaris IMAP account if you wanted to. I've added Gmail and Rackspace accounts before and it worked fine.
cptlo306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2014, 01:13 AM   #6
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

I use my Polarismail Enhanced Account to access accounts at many other providers, including Yahoo among others, by IMAP.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote