EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 5 Oct 2019, 06:31 AM   #31
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzzy View Post
For those of you who lost the Add Spam Spam Protection setting (and me who got it back but in anticipation of probably losing it again someday)
You were lucky they would not do mine, I have only been with them since 2002...

Last edited by Terry : 5 Oct 2019 at 07:17 PM.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Oct 2019, 11:13 PM   #32
JeremyNicoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzzy View Post
For those of you who lost the Add Spam Spam Protection setting ...
As a side issue, if one has one's own code in a Sieve script, what's the risk that something FM do will obliterate your code?

Do you have to steer clear of clicking anything on their Rules screen? Or is their system cunning enough to parse the current script, isolate your bits, and when a new script is generated slot your parts back in around their generated bits?

Do you (I think I would) keep your own copy of your parts, or the whole generated script and your parts, elsewhere in case they manage to screw-up the whole thing?

Is there only one script? That is, can you write subscripts and keep them somewhere and then %include them in the master script (which might make preserving your bits slightly easier to manage)?
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2019, 02:13 AM   #33
SideshowBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNicoll View Post
Or is their system cunning enough to parse the current script, isolate your bits, and when a new script is generated slot your parts back in around their generated bits?
The script is divided into different parts, four custom sections are interleaved with four generated sections.
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2019, 05:37 AM   #34
xyzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNicoll View Post
Do you (I think I would) keep your own copy of your parts, or the whole generated script and your parts, elsewhere in case they manage to screw-up the whole thing?
I actually do keep a backup text file of the whole script. That's one of the uses for the "Copy to clipboard" button at the top of the script page. Another being to paste into Sieve Tester.

Quote:
Is there only one script? That is, can you write subscripts and keep them somewhere and then %include them in the master script (which might make preserving your bits slightly easier to manage)?
As noted in the previous post, if you take a look at the script you have (click "Edit custom Sieve code" at the top or bottom of the Rules settings) you will see blank areas where you can add your own code. Which of those areas you use is dependent on what you want to do and when you want to do it. In my Add Spam snippet of code I suggested before section 1 (the FM generated stuff in numbered which I refer to as "sections") which would be the very start of the script after the require command.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2019, 07:10 PM   #35
JeremyNicoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideshowBob View Post
The script is divided into different parts, four custom sections are interleaved with four generated sections.
Thank-you!
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote