EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 17 Feb 2018, 03:02 AM   #16
FredOnline
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 1,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHenderson View Post
admin-mail at hughes.net doesn't exist.

I have always found this link useful...
I had never heard of mailtester before.

At first glance, looks very interesting, but then I'm thinking what is the owner of the website getting out of this?

Then I had a look at their privacy policy, which looks like it's been copied and pasted from another website.

It may mean nothing, but I would be interested to hear others thoughts on this.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2018, 03:19 AM   #17
janusz
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: EU
Posts: 4,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
At first glance, looks very interesting, but then I'm thinking what is the owner of the website getting out of this?

Then I had a look at their privacy policy, which looks like it's been copied and pasted from another website.
Tricky, these ones....
What is (or rather: was) the owner of emaildiscussions.com getting out of it?
How many really original & different versions of the privacy policy can even the most talented hack write?
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2018, 03:21 AM   #18
JamesHenderson
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Oxford, England
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
I had never heard of mailtester before.

At first glance, looks very interesting, but then I'm thinking what is the owner of the website getting out of this?

Then I had a look at their privacy policy, which looks like it's been copied and pasted from another website.

It may mean nothing, but I would be interested to hear others thoughts on this.
He's an individual (Brecht Sanders). In the FAQ, he wrote this:
A lot of people come to me asking if a certain e-mail address is having problems or why a certain e-mail address doesn't work. Usually the answer is in the bounce-mail, but often it is in such technical terms most people don't know what it means.
There are some routine tests I usually do to find out more about an e-mail address.
I decided to automate these tests, and make them available for everybody on this site.
I don't think this is anything more than someone kindly sharing a script they wrote,.

[edited for typos]
JamesHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2018, 03:44 AM   #19
FredOnline
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 1,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
What is (or rather: was) the owner of emaildiscussions.com getting out of it?
Good question!
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2018, 05:35 AM   #20
noclue
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA
Posts: 482
Thank you! This looks really useful. Might save us a few headaches.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 04:45 AM.

 

Copyright EmailDiscussions.com 1998-2013. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy