EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 19 Feb 2012, 05:35 AM   #1
mlevin
Cornerstone of the Community

packagetrackr sieve script

Hi,

I'm trying to do the fastmail equivalent of this recipe shown for gmail. The idea is to auto-forward shipping notices from amazon to packagetrackr, but the messages need to come from me, not the original sender, so that packagetrackr knows to show them in my queue.

Their instructions, which show the creation of a gmail filter that takes anything from ship-confirm@amazon com and forwards it (with the gmail user as the new "from" address) to track@packagetrackr.com, are shown here: http://www.packagetrackr.com/feature...l#auto-forward

This is the sieve script I cooked up based on a few examples. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this seems correct, if there would be a better way, if there are any cases where this wouldn't work, etc.

Code:
if header :contains "from" "ship-confirm@amazon.com" {
  notify :method "mailto" :options ["track@packagetrackr.com"] :message "me@mydomain.tld / $subject$ / $text$";
}
Thanks!
mlevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Feb 2012, 10:23 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Better Custom notification command

Please look at this post (and my other posts in that thread):
need forward type **forward message** (not redirect msg or fwd summary)

I think that this will do what you wish.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2012, 12:00 AM   #3
qwertz123456
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin View Post
Hi,

I'm trying to do the fastmail equivalent of this recipe shown for gmail. The idea is to auto-forward shipping notices from amazon to packagetrackr, but the messages need to come from me, not the original sender, so that packagetrackr knows to show them in my queue.

Their instructions, which show the creation of a gmail filter that takes anything from ship-confirm@amazon com and forwards it (with the gmail user as the new "from" address) to track@packagetrackr.com, are shown here: http://www.packagetrackr.com/feature...l#auto-forward

This is the sieve script I cooked up based on a few examples. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this seems correct, if there would be a better way, if there are any cases where this wouldn't work, etc.

Code:
if header :contains "from" "ship-confirm@amazon.com" {
  notify :method "mailto" :options ["track@packagetrackr.com"] :message "me@mydomain.tld / $subject$ / $text$";
}
Thanks!

@Mlevin: Have you managed to setup the sieve script and do a test run? I think you idea with packagetrackr is cool and will sign up for this service as well and try to setup my FM account in the same way.
qwertz123456 is offline   Reply With Quote