EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 29 Apr 2011, 01:46 AM   #16
kservik
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by AldoRossi View Post
I find the Web interface so drastically poor compared to any other provider I have tried: fastmail, aol, gmail, yahoo, gmx.
Thanks for the feedback!

Could you point out what the main problems with the Webmail interface as you see it?

What webmail version do you use?

We are working hard the long term plans of Runbox now and the engineering bit is the largest part of that.

Kim
kservik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2011, 11:50 PM   #17
Xorel

I have tried Runbox with the trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmit View Post
6. I'm still clueless how to forward someones mail written in html.
Sorry but for me this point is really important in 2011. It is not possible to answer or forward correctly an email in HTML, Runbox says that they work on it and on this forum I learn that this problem is a known issue since many years... really strange that in 2011 we can continue to find webmails without the support of answers/fwd in HTML. And it is a paid service...
Also when we know that Runbox is in the business since 10 years...

It is really an important point for me.

Also, can we know the future roadmap release? Is there a public roadmap release published somewhere to know on what problems/fix or new features Runbox is working on?

Thanks
Xorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2011, 06:15 AM   #18
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Shorter Domains ?

I would enjoy RB having additional shorter domains to choose from.
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2011, 05:08 PM   #19
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Thanks for all the comments and positive feedback.

Regarding the forwarding of HTML messages: These are currently attached to the forwarded message automatically, and we'll look into inline HTML message forwarding.

Other than integrated domain registration and improved search capabilities which are currently in open beta test, we're working on message tagging as an alternative to organizing messages in folders. We're also planning file sharing capabilities, better contact management, and contact synchronization functionality.

The long-term goal is to integrate other means of communication such as social network messaging, instant messaging, and other digital messaging into Runbox in a user-friendly way to consolidate and organize communication in a more meaningful and efficient way.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2011, 05:09 PM   #20
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
I would enjoy RB having additional shorter domains to choose from.
We can make that happen, especially if anyone can suggest an available and catchy (?) name.

- Geir
Old 3 May 2011, 06:26 PM   #21
Xorel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post
Thanks for all the comments and positive feedback.

Regarding the forwarding of HTML messages: These are currently attached to the forwarded message automatically, and we'll look into inline HTML message forwarding.
[...]
- Geir
Thanks to search for a inline solution because the HTML attached to the message is not a solution.
Do we know if there is a deadline on this?
Old 3 May 2011, 10:08 PM   #22
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Alternate Domains

Here are a couple available "rnbx dot org" and "rubx dot us" I'm sure a determined search could find many more
Old 5 May 2011, 05:55 AM   #23
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Cool New, shorter domains

We've registered rbox.co and rbox.me now, and they are synonymous with runbox.com, runbox.us, runbox.no, runbox.co.in, and runbox.co.

This means that you can now send email to username@rbox.co and it will arrive in your account as if it was sent to username@runbox.com.

- Geir
Old 5 May 2011, 07:47 AM   #24
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thank you so much Geir. I really appreciate your prompt action
Old 16 May 2011, 10:58 PM   #25
Shelded

It is a bit late for me to enter this thread and fix it but it has turned into two primary discussions. OP (digp) asked about a FM-alternative and it seems that has been under-served. The second discussion is where Geir jumped in to resolve the issues raised. I think that should have gone to another thread instead. So did that stop the discussion digp was asking for? Everyone knows I'm a FM supporter so I really was looking to find out some new things here...
Shelded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Oct 2011, 06:42 PM   #26
Xorel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorel View Post
Thanks to search for a inline solution because the HTML attached to the message is not a solution.
Do we know if there is a deadline on this?
Hi everybody,

I have created a new test account to verify if this feature was developed and apparently not.
I am very hesitant on my choice of the new webmail I need. I think that for the price and for the features I need Runbox is a good choice for me, but I really need the inline HTML answers/forwards in the webmail, this is not a whim but a need
Do we know when this will be planned to be developed?

Thanks a lot

Last edited by Xorel : 4 Oct 2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 06:47 PM   #27
kservik

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Rmm6

Quote:
Hi everybody,

I have created a new test account to verify if this feature was developed and apparently not.
I am very hesitant on my choice of the new webmail I need. I think that for the price and for the features I need Runbox is a good choice for me, but I really need the inline HTML answers/forwards in the webmail, this is not a whim but a need
Do we know when this will be planned to be developed?

Thanks a lot
We will improve that after we launch RMM6 (our main development priority now). We are are testing RMM6 these days and we hope to allow for external testing on it very soon.

Kim
Old 5 Oct 2011, 09:42 PM   #28
Xorel

Thanks Kim for your answer.

We can hope that this can be planned for the end of the year?

Thanks again
Old 6 Oct 2011, 04:04 AM   #29
kservik

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Thanks Kim for your answer.

We can hope that this can be planned for the end of the year?

Thanks again
We had a team that just finished earlier tonight with the deployment of the test system with RMM6 (new platform), Varnish and a new cookie system (Thanks to Kirill and Daniel Bond from Copyleft).

Now we need to get the developers to go through the new system and make sure that things work as they should.

Kim

Last edited by kservik : 6 Oct 2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 02:58 PM   #30
hajonez

Quote:
Originally Posted by kservik View Post
We had a team that just finished earlier tonight with the deployment of the test system with RMM6 (new platform), Varnish and a new cookie system (Thanks to Kirill and Daniel Bond from Copyleft).

Now we need to get the developers to go through the new system and verify that things work as they should.

Kim
Hi Kim,

I'm excited to read about this and am looking forward to seeing this new version of the platform. Glad to hear that Kirill has been working on it. I always though his departure from Runbox years ago was a great loss to the company so I'm glad that he's still doing some work for you guys.

Thanks for the updates. Let us know if you need any beta testers; I'm always happy to help out.

- Henry
hajonez is offline   Reply With Quote