EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 24 Sep 2014, 02:17 PM   #211
kservik
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLee View Post
Does anyone know if Runbox Security is the same when using either "light.runbox.com" or "secure.runbox.com"?
It should be pretty similar as they are both based on RMM6.

Kim
kservik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2014, 02:55 PM   #212
jl66
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLee View Post
Does anyone know if Runbox Security is the same when using either "light.runbox.com" or "secure.runbox.com"?
You must be aware that the fingerprint of the certificate is different. And it doesn´t use an Extended Validation certificate (EV).
jl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2014, 03:51 PM   #213
kservik

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl66 View Post
You must be aware that the fingerprint of the certificate is different. And it doesn´t use an Extended Validation certificate (EV).
Yes, they use different certificates.

Kim
Old 27 Sep 2014, 04:08 AM   #214
17pm

I'm gonna post this here as I don't think this deserves its own thread but ya:

OFF TOPIC:

Is it possible to somehow, using IMAP (thunderbird), synchronize contacts (without downloading and importing) between my e-mail contact and the webmail client?
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2014, 01:06 PM   #215
OLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
I'm gonna post this here as I don't think this deserves its own thread but ya:

OFF TOPIC:

Is it possible to somehow, using IMAP (thunderbird), synchronize contacts (without downloading and importing) between my e-mail contact and the webmail client?
If the "webmail client" you mention here is Google Contacts, or if you have your contacts stored in Google Contacts, there is a very good Thunderbird Extension called gContactSync that will auto sync Google Contacts with Thunderbird quickly and maintain the sync. No manual download or import necessary. I have used Thunderbird with Runbox IMAP and my Contacts did sync quite nicely.

I'm not sure how to do what you are asking if your contacts are within the Runbox Webmail interface itself.

I am patiently waiting in hopes that Runbox will eventually provide us with Contact and Calendar Apps so I can be rid of Google. Google Contacts and Calendar work fine but there is the security issue that is the problem.

OLee
OLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2014, 09:36 PM   #216
17pm

@Olee thanks, but I don't use google contacts. I was talking about Runbox' contacts, in the webmail. Anyway, I've decided not to use a client and keep using webmail, even though it's not very good..

I also welcome a calendar but what I'd prefer is "Notes", just like fastmail has. It doesn't seem very hard to implement, just a page to add, delete and edit notes, but I don't know how hard it would actually be.

Two-Factor-Authentication is also something that needs to come sooner rather than later and some updates to the webmail client are also very welcome.. Or atleast make RoundCube faster.

Anyway, hopefully Runbox has some news for us soon..
Old 30 Sep 2014, 04:45 AM   #217
smithmb001

+1 to 17PM and OLee.
smithmb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Oct 2014, 12:16 AM   #218
17pm

Dear staff,

Are you gonna give us something in our wishlist this upcoming Christmas?

I know it must be a pain in the /#(" to please this community but I want something new!
Old 8 Oct 2014, 03:19 AM   #219
kservik

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
Dear staff,

Are you gonna give us something in our wishlist this upcoming Christmas?

I know it must be a pain in the /#(" to please this community but I want something new!
Yes, we are working on a new design for the Webmail and it looks a lot more modern. Personally I think it is ready to be made available for everyone, but Geir wants to work on it a bit more.

We are also 50% done with the Dovecot integration for IMAP, so we are really happy about that. The plan is to start testing internally in 2 weeks and replace Courier IMAP before christmas for our customers.

We have been looking more at Contacts and Calendar solutions, but it is more likely now that it wont happen this year.

In a month or two, we will also focus more on our email delivery and part of that will be a project looking at improving spam filtering.

Kim
Old 8 Oct 2014, 11:31 PM   #220
17pm

@kservik,

That is absolutely fantastic news! Can't wait to see the changes.. If you guys need/want private testers, I would love to be one!
Old 9 Oct 2014, 09:31 PM   #221
hajonez

Cool

As a long time user of the service, I have to say that all these developments sound absolutely terrific. I love the consistency and familiarity of the Runbox web interface but have to admit that a refresh sounds great. I look forward to seeing these changes in the coming weeks. Sing out if you need any users to beta test anything for you!

- Henry
hajonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2014, 11:19 PM   #222
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by kservik View Post
Yes, we are working on a new design for the Webmail and it looks a lot more modern. Personally I think it is ready to be made available for everyone, but Geir wants to work on it a bit more.
As a compromise for now, how about a screenshot?
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2014, 06:15 PM   #223
dbowdley

Representative of:
Runbox.com
It's very tempting to post a screen-shot... but some aspects are yet to be finalised, and one or two screens haven't been updated yet. Therefore, anything we showed you would not necessarily be the final plans.

It isn't so much a complete redesign as a refresh of the elements you see on screen. Therefore, new graphics, fonts and colours. The functionality of the current interface is therefore retained.

The current plan is to make it optional so that we don't force it on anyone. Despite a number of people saying the current one looks old fashioned, it also has quite a following of people that don't want to see it change.

It isn't far away as Kim said, we have been using it internally for about a week, and updating elements of it that we feel weren't quite right.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2014, 06:44 PM   #224
17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowdley View Post
It's very tempting to post a screen-shot... but some aspects are yet to be finalised, and one or two screens haven't been updated yet. Therefore, anything we showed you would not necessarily be the final plans.

It isn't so much a complete redesign as a refresh of the elements you see on screen. Therefore, new graphics, fonts and colours. The functionality of the current interface is therefore retained.

The current plan is to make it optional so that we don't force it on anyone. Despite a number of people saying the current one looks old fashioned, it also has quite a following of people that don't want to see it change.

It isn't far away as Kim said, we have been using it internally for about a week, and updating elements of it that we feel weren't quite right.
That's sweet, but it would be awesome if you also changed some functionality things of the current interface, such as:

- A different way to flag messages. Would also be nice if we could make flagged messages go to the top.

- Option to compose in new window or same window.

- Ability to use the browsers back button.

Does the new look address these points?

Last edited by 17pm : 11 Oct 2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 07:17 PM   #225
dbowdley

Representative of:
Runbox.com
As mentioned previously, there is no change to the functionality of the interface.

The look and functionality are entirely different aspects of the webmail.

However:

- the option to compose in the same window exists with Runbox 6 Basic.

- flagged messages can already be listed first by clicking on the flag icon at the top of that column

- the ability to use the browser back button is something very different because the current interface works as it was designed to work, and it was never intended for the browser buttons to work for navigation.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote