EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 4 Oct 2004, 08:51 AM   #16
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by severach
I prefer the one that doesn't make me spend all day going through them. Can we have a preview tool?
This may help a bit:

http://members.ispwest.com/lnoer/sty...ry/gallery.htm

Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Oct 2004, 11:23 AM   #17
Gankaku

Quote:
Originally posted by SusanUKF
This may help a bit:

http://members.ispwest.com/lnoer/sty...ry/gallery.htm

Susan.
That's an old link Susan. I know it still works, but it's old stuff that's still on my old ISP. haha Guess they haven't cleaned up yet. I'm no longer their customer so don't be surprised if that link just chokes one day.

Here's the new link where they're located on my host: www.sunnypad.com/stylesheets/gallery/gallery.htm

However, Fastmail has that page copied and also displays it here:
http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/gallery/gallery.htm

It doesn't matter which one you use actually; it all gets to the same place. However, to give it out to users, it's probably better to give the Fastmail link, since that is actually sitting on Fastmail's servers.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Oct 2004, 08:30 PM   #18
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

Thanks Gankaku!! I had them both bookmarked, as I just discovered now while trying to bookmark the newer, second link you just provided, it said that the bookmark already existed (so I added, "the proper one" beside it!).

The other one was obviously the first one I noticed last night while looking for the link to give him... thanks for noticing and giving him the better link!!

Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Oct 2004, 09:42 PM   #19
self

I just checked and I seem to be using "Concise". It gives me pretty much information in a "concise" way.
self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Oct 2004, 12:13 AM   #20
keri5707

Red Zen is my favorite. I've been using it ever since it was available--probably at least two years. It's easiest on my eyes.
keri5707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Oct 2004, 11:15 PM   #21
ezequielv

Concise. I use a customized "concise blue" that I've got from some guy (I've got his email) that I absolutely love. The problem with using custom style sheets is that (a) I use Firefox (so local stylesheets don't work), and (b) my company's proxy server always loads the stylesheet, eating up my filespace bandwidth in a few hours (it will load it once per page).

So I'm using Concise. I tried some others, but this one's the neatest, easiest on my eyes, and with the best font usage I've seen so far.
ezequielv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Oct 2004, 11:52 PM   #22
weaver4
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ezequielv
Concise. I use a customized "concise blue" that I've got from some guy (I've got his email) that I absolutely love. The problem with using custom style sheets is that (a) I use Firefox (so local stylesheets don't work), and (b) my company's proxy server always loads the stylesheet, eating up my filespace bandwidth in a few hours (it will load it once per page).

So I'm using Concise. I tried some others, but this one's the neatest, easiest on my eyes, and with the best font usage I've seen so far.
Can I get a copy of this "concise blue"? I like concise but yellow-orange is a little difficult.
weaver4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Oct 2004, 12:08 AM   #23
ezequielv

Sure thing, PM me with your email address so I can send it to you
ezequielv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Oct 2004, 01:28 AM   #24
DBH

Quote:
Originally posted by keri5707
Red Zen is my favorite. I've been using it ever since it was available--probably at least two years. It's easiest on my eyes.
Lisa did that stylesheet and I believe it's one of the first ones she created. Lisa rocks!
DBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Oct 2004, 03:36 AM   #25
weaver4
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ezequielv
Sure thing, PM me with your email address so I can send it to you
Thanks, I sent you a PM.
Old 6 Oct 2004, 06:14 AM   #26
Gankaku

Quote:
Originally posted by DBH
Lisa did that stylesheet and I believe it's one of the first ones she created. Lisa rocks!
Why thank you Dave! The feeling's mutual. And you're right - kinda - it is THE first one I created. Kinda weird...
Old 6 Oct 2004, 09:29 PM   #27
weaver4
Essential Contributor

Yeah, but I wish her stylesheets would show up in Sanjay's StyleSheet tester so that I could see them.

http://www.sastools.com/fastmailCSS/

Plus if you download the css file from this site you do not get the graphics, so it doesn't work. So I would like to look at her styleseets if I could.
Old 6 Oct 2004, 09:42 PM   #28
Gankaku

Whose sheets are not showing up in Sanjay's tester? Mine?

It's possible the ones on the main gallery pages might not display...besides, they're already in the FM interface, so if you want to see it you can always select that sheet in FM. But I will go and fix the ones that aren't working. Just let me know which ones you're having troubles with.
Old 6 Oct 2004, 10:05 PM   #29
weaver4
Essential Contributor

If you go to Sanjay's site and select "Lisa's Denim" from the Active Style on the top of the page it does not show up the style. It shows the "empty.css" style.

I hope it is not just me, it has been this way for months. And it is not just yours, a few others do not show up.
Old 7 Oct 2004, 12:24 AM   #30
Gankaku

OK thanks. My site's been moved several times in the past year, and I've obviously missed some things. I'll go through one by one and start fixing things.