EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 26 Mar 2020, 03:20 AM   #1
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Is there a way to PM a YouTube member?

Is there any way to send a private message to a person on YouTube who commented on a video? YouTube is sometimes considered amongst the "social media" so you'd expect them to have some sort of PM-ing system... I also heard of so called "YouTube Mail", but apparently that is a thing of the past.

So how do you get in touch with someone who left a comment on a YouTube video?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Mar 2020, 04:07 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

For YouTube channels, you can use their About tab and see if that channel has a business inquiry email address set up:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57955

But to my knowledge, the only way to send a message to someone who merely adds a comment is to make a public comment in that thread yourself and hope they read it. YouTube is a one-way broadcast medium.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2020, 02:00 AM   #3
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
On the page you linked to, it says "Sinds 9 juli 2018 kun je geen privéberichten meer verzenden, ontvangen of lezen in Creator Studio". That translates as "since 9th July 2018 you can no longer send, receive or read private messages in Creator Studio".

So basically if the member doesn't list an email address on their "about" page, the only way to get in touch is to reply to their comment on a video and ask to email you themselves? That would require exposing my own email address for everyone to read, not just the member I'd like to email me...

"Je kunt ook Berichten gebruiken om contact te leggen met vrienden op YouTube. Ontdek hoe je vrienden toevoegt en berichten stuurt op YouTube" = "you can also use Messages to contact friends on YouTube. Discover how je add friends and send messags on YouTube".
The page they refer to for how to do this (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6401182) can however not be found.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2020, 02:44 AM   #4
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post

So basically if the member doesn't list an email address on their "about" page, the only way to get in touch is to reply to their comment on a video and ask to email you themselves? That would require exposing my own email address for everyone to read, not just the member I'd like to email me.
You've answered your own question.

Quote:
The page they refer to for how to do this (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6401182) can however not be found.
A possible reason for the URL not being found is in that link, if you read it.

As usual, you're overcomplicating things, and trying to get others to answer your same question in multiple threads.

The simple answer:

1. Follow TenFour's advice from another of your threads and create a free Gmail account.
2. Post a message in the YouTube thread.
3. You will either get a response or you won't.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote