EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 17 May 2015, 02:19 PM   #1
jer39lms

Fastmail staff: I may have discovered a bug

Hi,

I tried saving an Outlook Calendar today in .ics format in order to import it to fastmail. This largely worked, but:

I have a number of repeating appointments that get tripped up:

Picture this - I create a repeating appt every Wednesday morning that says "sales meeting." This repeats indefinitely but every week or two, I receive updated information as to who the meeting is with. What I've been doing up to now, is in outlook, I would double click on the "sales meeting" appt and open it as its own occurrence (i.e., not all future repeats) and then edit the subject to "Sales meeting: MIchael" or whatever.

Ok - here's where things get strange:

In the fastmail calendar web interface, all appts now show up and the migration is completely accurate EXCEPT: for the calendar entries described above. Instead of the updated "Sales meeting: Michael" showing up, it still reads "sales meeting."

But here's the weird part: I have caldav set up on my iPhone and on the iPhone, "sales meeting: Michael" shows up. And so, it appears that Fastmail has the updated information but only shows it on the iOs device through caldav whereas the web interface seems to have original repeating task and ignores the fact that it had been edited.

Hope that helps,

Jeremy
jer39lms is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 May 2015, 12:36 PM   #2
neilj
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Please create a support ticket and someone will investigate; sounds like the data is correct, but there's a parsing error in the web api.
neilj is offline   Reply With Quote