EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 9 Jun 2014, 04:31 PM   #271
KevinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlau View Post
Did not see a way to upload .ics files. Is this going to be supported in the final product?
The import is in a general import & export area directly on the menu called "Import & Export", under "Billing & Plan"
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jun 2014, 04:50 PM   #272
adamlau

Thanks for that. Are we able to import multiple .ics calendars into one calendar? I do not seem to be able to do that.
adamlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jun 2014, 05:52 PM   #273
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlau View Post
Make sure you are on OS 10.2.1.3175 or later . Did not see a way to upload .ics files. Is this going to be supported in the final product?
Try the import & export menu item.

Bron.
brong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jun 2014, 05:53 PM   #274
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by brong View Post
Try the import & export menu item.

Bron.
Oh - that was already posted. Duh.

As for multiple? You can only do one at a time, but you can import to the same calendar if you want. Normally unless they were related, I would recommend separate calendars so you can turn them on and off separately in the display.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 04:26 PM   #275
awasmuth

Subscribed calendars

I have subscribed to a calendar (public holidays) from

http://www.ifeiertage.de/by-zs.ics

Somehow this one got converted to a regular calendar. At first the status was "subscribed from ...", then it was "not defined" and now it looks (and behaves?) like a regular calendar, there is no mention that it is subscribed from somewhere.

When I try to add it again as a new calendar I get this:

Hmm, that didn't work. Please check the URL is correct.
awasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2014, 03:45 PM   #276
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Ok, there were two things sorry.

1) a bug in the calendar update code wiped out many of the CalendarLinks tables entries, so you lost the synced URLs. We don't have them easily recoverable either Very sorry. It hit me pretty hard too. The joys of beta.

2) there was another bug in the URL validator, which means that new links were impossible to add.

I've fixed both of those today, along with a ton of just cleaning up error messages and error handling cases.

People have asked about adding links to password protected ICS files as well, this worked fine for me:

http://user:pwcal@pwcal.brong.brong....d-Holidays.ics

Where the login details were username 'user' and password 'pwcal'. Now I've got NZ holidays in my calendars, bro.

It's getting there...
Old 11 Jun 2014, 03:54 PM   #277
awasmuth

Quote:
Ok, there were two things sorry.
Nothing to be sorry about, it's still beta, isn't it ;-) Any yes, everything is working again, many thanks.
awasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2014, 04:55 AM   #278
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Adding one, sometimes two synced calendars works. But adding any more causes them all to say "Synced with undefined" and then they all disappear.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2014, 07:18 AM   #279
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
Adding one, sometimes two synced calendars works. But adding any more causes them all to say "Synced with undefined" and then they all disappear.
Is that adding them all at once before saving, or saving between each one?

Sounds easily testable - I'll give it a go after breakfast on a test account
Old 18 Jun 2014, 06:07 PM   #280
pivotalgubbins

I wonder if anyone can help.

I'm trying to set-up my calendar for use on my iPhone - I follow the instructions but it won't get past the verification stage.

I then get an email through on Fastmail saying I can't access 'email' (?) through CalDav at my membership level.

Have I missed something?
pivotalgubbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2014, 07:30 PM   #281
soromak
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivotalgubbins View Post
I wonder if anyone can help.

I'm trying to set-up my calendar for use on my iPhone - I follow the instructions but it won't get past the verification stage.

I then get an email through on Fastmail saying I can't access 'email' (?) through CalDav at my membership level.

Have I missed something?
What type of account you have? Access to CalDAV is not available for all accounts..
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2014, 06:37 AM   #282
pivotalgubbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
What type of account you have? Access to CalDAV is not available for all accounts..
Full account - do I need to upgrade?
pivotalgubbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2014, 06:43 AM   #283
cptlo306
Essential Contributor

CalDAV
Available to:

Enhanced and Premier level accounts (Personal/Family)
Standard, Professional and Enterprise level accounts (Business)

That is, these levels do not have CalDAV access: Guest, Member (legacy). Lite, Full (Personal/Family). Basic (Business)

From this page: http://blog.fastmail.fm/2014/01/23/c...m-for-testing/
cptlo306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2014, 05:49 PM   #284
misc
Essential Contributor

Don't know if it's too early for this question as calendar is still in beta, but: Is there a 'hidden' shortcut in the mobile interface (iOS) to jump to 'today'? I mean just like in the regular web interface, you have that button in the lower left corner. Can't find something like this on my iPhone.
misc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2014, 12:18 PM   #285
FortyTwo

calDAV sync fails on my (Melbourne) Vodafone 3G; yet fine over Telstra SIM

Quote:
I've mostly been working on syncing with external iCal and CalDAV calendars. There are three types working: iCal one way, CalDAV one way and CalDAV two way. ................................Bron.
I had been having difficulties with syncing between my android calendar app and FM calendar. No-one else had similar problems on the forum, so I changed both the app and the widget I was using on my phone, and then everything seemed good, until a few days ago. Early this week, I realised events weren't syncing either way between my phone and FM. I did everything - cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled apps, to no avail. What had changed? Then I realised I'd been using my Vodafone SIM (in my dual sim phone) for data since earlier in the week. I changed the "preferred SIM for data" back to Telstra and tried the sync again - and it worked fine. Reverted back to VF and the sync failed (although I got no message - it appears to sync in calDAV app but it seems "too quick" to actually be syncing).
The VF SIM shows "H" when data use is on and the SIM is set to use high-speed data (not GSM), so it isn't failing because the network connection is too slow. Anyway, my telstra sim syncs fine on Edge/GSM as well as 3G.

So, I post this for info only. Maybe it's something weird just with my phone settings, or is Vodafone's network is actually preventing calDAV from properly syncing? Does anyone else use Vodafone here in Melbourne, Australia? I couldn't find anything in an internet search so it's most likely isolated to me.

Loving the FM calendar
FortyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote