EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 13 Dec 2004, 07:08 PM   #1
jezzy

http

War17, sorry about the pop htpp confussion and many thanks for your help.

I just wonder what other people do when they want to access their client email when away from home and behind a firewall.
I find web-based mail too restictive for my needs.

Unfortunately my ISP does not have IMAP, so a change to one that does would be the solution.

Regards,
Jezzy
jezzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13 Dec 2004, 07:13 PM   #2
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Re: http

Quote:
Originally posted by jezzy
I just wonder what other people do when they want to access their client email when away from home and behind a firewall.
I find web-based mail too restictive for my needs.

If the owner of the network put up a firewall there, then accept it. The firewall is there to blocks certain ports specified by the owner. If you can overcome the block, that shows that the firewall isn't a reliable one.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2004, 11:47 PM   #3
fmnewbee
Master of the @

Hopefully I am wrong but what if ...

could not some formally intended MailMaster or ComputerDepartment Chief see all attemts to go around their blocks of ports as a very suspiscious behavior?

Could be me imaginging this but some higher ups could use it against you in time of promotion to jobs. Am I too pessimistic.

trew
fmnewbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2004, 09:30 AM   #4
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Re: Hopefully I am wrong but what if ...

Quote:
Originally posted by fmnewbee
could not some formally intended MailMaster or ComputerDepartment Chief see all attemts to go around their blocks of ports as a very suspiscious behavior?

Could be me imaginging this but some higher ups could use it against you in time of promotion to jobs. Am I too pessimistic.

trew
The block is to stop workers going to non-working related websites or activities. Such attempts could be considered in anything but as for suspiscoius unless damaging activities were detected.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote