EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 5 Sep 2022, 09:26 PM   #1
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Outlook.com is silently discarding email messages

https://blog.paranoidpenguin.net/201...mail-messages/

from what I know icloud email has also this issue.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6 Sep 2022, 05:30 AM   #2
digp
Master of the @

this is still true
digp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2022, 09:13 AM   #3
Bamb0
Master of the @

Thumbs down

Doesnt sound good!!
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2022, 03:10 AM   #4
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Yup. I think it was 2012 when I first figured it out and proved it, and here we are in 2022 and they still won't even admit to it. In the original cases that I investigated it was based on sending domain, not IP.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2022, 04:24 AM   #5
TenFour
Master of the @

I can see how this might be a problem for some people and businesses, but I have not found it to be a problem for me having used Outlook.com and Microsoft 365 email for a long time. Those that I regularly correspond with are in my contacts and their mail comes through, and they usually have my phone number too for an urgent text or call if something is important. Those who are new to my business mostly seem to get through--but how would I know if they didn't? In any case, they too can easily look up our phone number if they need to reach us urgently, and most information is easily available on our website. There is no competitor in our market so we can't really lose business to anyone, and we are usually completely maxed out anyway. However, I do find Microsoft's email filtering annoying since I have to check the Junk folder everyday to catch legitimate emails that go there no matter what I do.
TenFour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2022, 05:08 AM   #6
evfrson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
https://blog.paranoidpenguin.net/201...mail-messages/

from what I know icloud email has also this issue.
This is an article from 2015 and Outlook has changed a lot since then, for the better, in my experience.

Strangely Outlook does sometimes classify its own emails (marketing emails from Microsoft) as spam which is quite amusing.

As for iCloud I have had emails never arrive (usually newsletters) but I think their service is much better now than it used to be.

Of course Gmail is stellar and I have never had an email fail to arrive.
evfrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2022, 07:56 AM   #7
Bamb0
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland
Yup. I think it was 2012 when I first figured it out and proved it, and here we are in 2022 and they still won't even admit to it.
Ya buddy my friends from icloud can email me on Jeffs server but when I try to reply,it comes back hours later as blocked.....

Is it the domain name?? (coakmail) -- You said it isnt the IP so it has to be.....
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote