EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 3 Jun 2008, 10:31 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Fetch gmail ?

I'm trying to Fetch gmail to my primary mail account. How do I do this ? I tried using "pop.gmail.com" as the gmail server but it doesn't work. Perhaps someone is Fetching Gmail and can help me with this. Any help much appreciated.

Last edited by sheprd : 3 Jun 2008 at 11:12 AM.
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Jun 2008, 10:52 AM   #2
CyberSmurf

pop.gmail.com
. SSL port 995
your.account@gmail.com

Remember to go to GMail webmail for the account you want to POP and reset the POP counter.
Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP > Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded)

If you're popping your account from more than one place, then use "recent:your.account@gmail.com" as your account name.
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jun 2008, 11:09 AM   #3
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks CyberSmurf for your prompt response. Setup as you suggested all except there is no lnk to set Port displayed on the page where I set up Server, username@gmail.com and password. . Still doesn't fetch. I'll play with it more tomorrow and see what happens.

oops, tried again and it's Fetching ok now. Thanks so much CyberSmurf.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 02:05 PM   #4
war17
The "e" in e-mail

Try alternate port pop.googlemail.com This port works better when you fetch emails from Gmail account to another Gmail account.
war17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jun 2008, 07:43 PM   #5
Merovingian
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
I'm trying to Fetch gmail to my primary mail account. How do I do this ? I tried using "pop.gmail.com" as the gmail server but it doesn't work. Perhaps someone is Fetching Gmail and can help me with this. Any help much appreciated.
why don't you just set up your gmail account to auto-forward? It's immediate for each message, and you can set up filters beforehand, like another spam filtering layer.
Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jun 2008, 12:18 AM   #6
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks war17 and Merrovingian for your responses. I've been experimenting with Fetch Mail but may go back to simple forwarding. It's less complicated. I appreciate all the excellent help I've received from you responders.