EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 2 Jul 2007, 07:29 AM   #1
angie5

Locked out of gmail! HELP!

For the past 2 days, I have been not signed in when I went to check my gmail and then when I tried to sign in, its said username and password didnt match and I knew I had the right ones in there. So I opted for password help and was able to sign in. Now today..I try and I get no password assistance in my secondary email, so I have no way to log into my email and no way to check it now! Anybody know what the hell is going on? Its my business email and I NEED TO GET IT!
angie5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Jul 2007, 08:09 AM   #2
war17
The "e" in e-mail

angie5,

Welcome to the EMD forums. Try alternate login address https://mail.google.com/mail/
or
http://mail.google.com/mail/h/
war17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jul 2007, 08:33 AM   #3
angie5

Nope..doesnt work..tried it, and just tried it again!
Old 2 Jul 2007, 06:39 PM   #4
drew
The "e" in e-mail

angie, have you tried to empty cache of old history and visited pages and to delete cookies and such. To switch to another browser could help too.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jul 2007, 10:43 PM   #5
angie5

deleted all history, cookies, etc and tried both firefox and IE..still nothing..absolutely NOTHING! I am almost wondering if someone got my password and changed it!
Old 2 Jul 2007, 10:47 PM   #6
David
Ultimate Contributor

Try contacting support, they will likely restore your account, if you can answer the 'secret question'
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jul 2007, 10:54 PM   #7
David
Ultimate Contributor

Also: use the search button (at the top of the forums) and click on the 'advanced' tab. Type the one word 'hacked' (without the quotes) select the Gmail forum and run a search. There are a few threads that will give you more info. I would post the link myself but search links are not 'sticky' here at emd - unless they are links to one specific thread
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jul 2007, 02:29 AM   #8
angie5

I went and made a whole new email..thing is..I used that email for so many things and also had google adwords and adsense accounts set up through it and now im SCREWED! I did finally get to email gmail and gave them a piece of MY mind! I have to spend all flippin day changing all the places I used that address! This sucks BIG TIME!
Old 3 Jul 2007, 02:39 AM   #9
drew
The "e" in e-mail

angie5, you gave up then? You never found out what went wrong? I can understand you frustration but gmail usually works for most of us so maybe you could give it a try again when your feelings have calmed down?

Ok your the boss over your life so do as you please.

Drew

PS to those of us who still are curious on what could it be that failed?
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jul 2007, 09:23 AM   #10
angie5

OH believe me, I am going to find out what happened. But in meantime, I have changed my email address with all the places I can remember. I am thinking someone hacked in to my email through ebay. I was unable to get into ebay and went to live help and they said someone was spamming people from my ebay account. Nice huh? What the hell, I just dont understand what is wrong with people who have no life and choose to just make the rest of our lives HELL! I am patiently waitin to hear from gmail and my husband has also emailed them, so hopefully I will be able to at least retrieve some things from my account eventually!
Old 3 Jul 2007, 09:45 PM   #11
earlzsta
Essential Contributor

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie5 View Post
For the past 2 days, I have been not signed in when I went to check my gmail and then when I tried to sign in, its said username and password didnt match and I knew I had the right ones in there. So I opted for password help and was able to sign in. Now today..I try and I get no password assistance in my secondary email, so I have no way to log into my email and no way to check it now! Anybody know what the hell is going on? Its my business email and I NEED TO GET IT!
This is why you dont use a free email provider for business correspondence in the case with what has happened to you.
earlzsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2007, 02:01 AM   #12
theog
= Permanently banned =

As much as I don't like gmail, I would have to say they were fairly helpful when I forgot my email password and locked myself out of my account. I emailed them, and then they had me answer some questions account questions and they reset the password for me. Heck, I could not even remember the spare email when I setup the account.

I can't remember how long it took for them to email me back, but I don't think it was a long time since I'd have noted it (and had something else to complain about).

I would give them a couple of days to email you back... my guess is they should email you back within three or four days...

Good luck... if you like the service, please give gmail a chance to respond...
theog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2008, 09:39 PM   #13
djbethell

Same story but no help from gmail

I have a gmail account and when I try to enter it says that the user name and password do not match. I know they do as I use them everyday, but I did as requested and reset my password anyway, but hey, still doesn't match-up.
So I went to Help centre and I sent a report to the gmail people; they sent back an automated response telling me to change my password - go figure!
I filled out another form (same as last time telling them I've already reset my password - in fact it's a form for filling out if changing your password doesn't solve the problem!). And still the same automated "change your password" response.
Where else can I go to get help? There seems to be no link to get to any real people who can help solve my issue. Just links that take me in circles to trouble-shooting pages and help centres which take me back, yes you've guessed it, to trouble-shooting pages or the (un)Help Centre! Or the fill-out form that tells me to keep changing my password.
I really can't figure how to get back into my account. Anyone had similar problems? Please share your experience and tell me what you did
And for those of you who emailed gmail; what is their email address?
You'll make my day if you have it.
thanks,
David

Last edited by djbethell : 26 Sep 2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelling correction
djbethell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2008, 12:16 AM   #14
war17
The "e" in e-mail

Use Captcha Verification
https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Then try to log in again.
war17 is offline   Reply With Quote