EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 25 Jun 2008, 11:57 PM   #1
philb1964

POP3 Hotmail retrieval suddenly stopped!

Hi, hope someone can help.

I have a Hotmail Plus account, which means I can access four POP3 accounts, which I set up in December and everything was fine until two weeks ago, when occasionally when I clicked the POP icon it would come up with the error message. However, in the past two days I cannot acces the POP accounts at all, at anytime of day or night via Hotmail!

The error message is:

You have no new messages. No new message found at POP3 account(s). Error in getting messages from POP3 account philip AT actionvideo. co. uk(mail.actionvideo.co.uk).: There seems to be a problem with the POP3 server and port you specified. A connection could not be established. Please make sure that your are entering correct server name and port number (as provided by your email provider). For most of the POP3 servers the port is 110 and for secure POP3 servers it is 995, but your email service may use a different port. If you are sure that these settings are correct, increasing the server timout value may help. Error in getting messages from POP3 account [email]essexfilms AT actionvideo. co. uk(mail.actionvideo. co. uk).: There seems to be a problem with the POP3 server and port you specified. A connection could not be established. Please make sure that your are entering correct server name and port number (as provided by your email provider). For most of the POP3 servers the port is 110 and for secure POP3 servers it is 995, but your email service may use a different port. If you are sure that these settings are correct, increasing the server timout value may help. Error in getting messages from POP3 account otherfreeola AT actionvideo. co. uk(mail.actionvideo. co. uk).: There seems to be a problem with the POP3 server and port you specified. A connection could not be established. Please make sure that your are entering correct server name and port number (as provided by your email provider). For most of the POP3 servers the port is 110 and for secure POP3 servers it is 995, but your email service may use a different port. If you are sure that these settings are correct, increasing the server timout value may help.

I checked with my ISP helpdesk (4uHosting.co.uk) who say everything is fine and the port settings 110, etc are correct.

I upgraded from IE6 to Internet explorer 7 in case that was the problem – problem still there!

However, when I downloaded Windows Live Mail & found I can set up and connect to all four POP3 accounts and access them no problem, so they do work!

However, I still cannot access them via Hotmail, and as I have my calendar entries and need to get emails whilst out & about using other computers, Hotmail is the ideal situation for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Philip Beasley

Mod: Fixed "live" email address to avoid spambots.

Last edited by Sherry : 26 Jun 2008 at 02:41 AM.
philb1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Jun 2008, 12:50 AM   #2
war17
The "e" in e-mail

Philip Beasley,

Welcome to the EMD forums. There could be a temporary problem with Hotmail and the accounts that you are fetching.

Delete and then recreate the fetch accounts in Hotmail. That may get them started again.
war17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2008, 02:03 AM   #3
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Originally Posted by philb1964 View Post
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Philip Beasley
Contact hotmail support... along with what the tricks anyone else might tell you... never know what may or may not work, but hotmail support should be the first place you start....
theog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2008, 05:32 PM   #4
philb1964

Thanks Guys

Thanks guys I did contact Hotmail and it was their problem & everything seems to be working fine now!
philb1964 is offline   Reply With Quote