EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 31 Jul 2009, 05:58 PM   #1
ukgangster

Lavabit IMAP settings in Windows Mail

I have Windows Vista Premium with Windows Mail. Having problems getting the folder Inbox to show up using Lavabit IMAP.

I can get all the other folders, but not inbox.

The root name is the problem here - whatever I enter, the Inbox folder will not appear. So far, I've tried as root :

None (i.e. blank)
Inbox
Inbox.
INBOX
INBOX.
Inbox/
inbox.
inbox/
mail/
mail.

Thanks in advance for any help!
ukgangster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31 Jul 2009, 11:29 PM   #2
CyberSmurf

In OE my root folder entry is blank.

In OE if you click on the tree, but not a folder, then on the right side there a window with a button that says "IMAP Folders". You can select which folders to "show" and which to "hide".

I created a test lavabit "account" in OE, and I had to enable "show" on the Inbox.

Maybe there is something similar in Windows Mail.
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Aug 2009, 04:28 AM   #3
ukgangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSmurf View Post
In OE my root folder entry is blank.

In OE if you click on the tree, but not a folder, then on the right side there a window with a button that says "IMAP Folders". You can select which folders to "show" and which to "hide".

I created a test lavabit "account" in OE, and I had to enable "show" on the Inbox.

Maybe there is something similar in Windows Mail.
Thanks, but still no luck, I've left root folder blank and refreshed folder views, but what happens is that Inbox appears briefly, then disappears everytime I attempt to reset list. I've checked the folder subscriptions, and I can get a folder listing and Inbox appears, but W Mail will not allow it to be selected? Weird, must be a WMail problem. Works fine with Outlook 2003, but I'd rather use Windows Mail. I'll raise a support ticket with Lavabit.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 05:47 AM   #4
earlzsta
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukgangster View Post
Thanks, but still no luck, I've left root folder blank and refreshed folder views, but what happens is that Inbox appears briefly, then disappears everytime I attempt to reset list. I've checked the folder subscriptions, and I can get a folder listing and Inbox appears, but W Mail will not allow it to be selected? Weird, must be a WMail problem. Works fine with Outlook 2003, but I'd rather use Windows Mail. I'll raise a support ticket with Lavabit.
Hi there,

I'm having that same problem ukgangster with my lavabit account. It does the exact same thing for me, only thing is I am using Outlook Express. But all those symptoms and fixes that you have, I have also tried but to no avail.

It has worked fine in the past but a few days ago when I went to setup my Lavabit account again I get that problem.
earlzsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2009, 06:07 AM   #5
war17
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
ukgangster, what did lavabit say? I have the same problem with Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail.

Thunderbird does show Inbox folder in IMAP.

Last edited by war17 : 18 Aug 2009 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Add more information
war17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2009, 06:47 AM   #6
ukgangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by war17 View Post
ukgangster, what did lavabit say?
Still waiting for a response
Old 19 Aug 2009, 07:30 AM   #7
marcus0263
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Still waiting for a response
Prepare to join Rip Van Winkle
marcus0263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Oct 2009, 03:31 AM   #8
mkdjay

Inbox not a visible IMAP folder ( Lavabit)

Same problem ( Inbox not a visible IMAP folder) in OE 6 on XP SP3.

Must be a Lavabit issue as I have other IMAP accounts which work fine.

Raised it with them but no response yet and I'm not holding my breath seeing the other posts on here

Last edited by mkdjay : 2 Oct 2009 at 03:32 AM. Reason: typo
mkdjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Oct 2009, 04:31 AM   #9
mkdjay

Exclamation Lavabit - Making the IMAP Inbox Visible

Fixed it

by creating an Inbox folder directly under the Lavabit root IMAP folder.

this forces Outlook Express to create an Inbox.dbx file - which for some strange reason is not created when setting up Lavabit as an IMAP source
mkdjay is offline   Reply With Quote