EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 16 Apr 2017, 08:26 PM   #1
odedp
Master of the @

Find a folder

The web interface enables me to find a folder very easy.
How do I find a folder using Fastmail's mobile app?
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Apr 2017, 06:41 AM   #2
odedp
Master of the @

Anyone please?
Old 17 Apr 2017, 07:45 AM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

My comments are about Apple iOS devices, since I don't have an Android product. The answer depends on which size device you are using.
  • On my old iPad 3 the Fastmail iOS app includes the same Create or edit folders and Find links below the folder tree as on the desk PC web interface.
  • On an iPhone (including the largest display iPhone 7 Plus model), those two links are missing. I asked the Fastmail staff about this two months ago and was told this is on their list of features to add but isn't a high priority.
  • A work-around if you know the exact name of the folder (including the host folder of a subfolder) is to search for in:foldername, where foldername is the complete path to the folder. For example: in:Drafts or in:Main.subfolder. You must use the exact folder name (with correct case) and separate the main folder name from the subfolder with a period or full-stop character ".".
  • Here is a second work-around if you are trying to get to a folder which is hidden or in a subfolder. Look at the Search>Advanced screen and open the folder picker tool at the top of the screen. Roll through the folders and select Done when you have found the folder. Then select Search at the top and you will be viewing all messages in that folder.
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2017, 02:16 PM   #4
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
My comments are about Apple iOS devices, since I don't have an Android product. The answer depends on which size device you are using.
  • On my old iPad 3 the Fastmail iOS app includes the same Create or edit folders and Find links below the folder tree as on the desk PC web interface.
  • On an iPhone (including the largest display iPhone 7 Plus model), those two links are missing. I asked the Fastmail staff about this two months ago and was told this is on their list of features to add but isn't a high priority.
  • A work-around if you know the exact name of the folder (including the host folder of a subfolder) is to search for in:foldername, where foldername is the complete path to the folder. For example: inrafts or in:Main.subfolder. You must use the exact folder name (with correct case) and separate the main folder name from the subfolder with a period or full-stop character ".".
  • Here is a second work-around if you are trying to get to a folder which is hidden or in a subfolder. Look at the Search>Advanced screen and open the folder picker tool at the top of the screen. Roll through the folders and select Done when you have found the folder. Then select Search at the top and you will be viewing all messages in that folder.
Bill
Thank you Bill for your very clear (as always ) answer.
Much appreciated!