EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 10 Apr 2015, 07:55 AM   #91
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by orelz View Post
It is clear. I'm more worried about the small chance you can close your business and then I can lose my emails (of a life) because of a country which doesn't share our values (which I can understand also).
Thanks for your explainations and your time.

Your service seems very promising and the dev of new features are really quickly implemented which shows me that compared to the others providers I should give you a chance, and your presence here as a "human guy" and not a "support contact" shows me that you are not only doing support but also look at the customer feedbacks (curstomer oriented - listen your community) which is a very big plus in my view.

I hope to receive an invitation, or I will try to participate to the project by a donation, let's see.
Closing doors can happened with any business. lavabit operated for 9 years before this happened. With current knowledge, more private service out there now, and more people demand privacy we can expect to come up with solution. Especially public source project won't die so easy, as this happened with closed source.

Thank you for feedback, at early MVP stage feedback is very important.
scryptmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2015, 02:43 AM   #92
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Update:

We just finished migration to new Data Center. Thanks to the great SoftLayer startup program, we should not have any limits to grow in the next year. As a side effect of that move, we will increase size of mailboxes (still thinking the best way to offer Gb limitation other than mail per box).

Also I would like you to participate in my survey poll, I posted in blog http://blog.scryptmail.com/. This will help me to prioritize feature developing.

Thanks again for using SCRYPTmail.

Last edited by scryptmail : 12 Apr 2015 at 05:26 AM.
Old 26 Apr 2015, 03:11 AM   #93
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslaterb View Post
Are you a one man show again? I noticed on your site the "scryptmail team" is just you again. What happened to the other two?
I also noticed on your blog you said "Our editor is no longer with SCRYPTmail"

You're making good progress anyway.
Yeah, one man show. Sometimes it's remind me more about standup comedy on the radio, you are talking something, thinking its funny, occasionally someone calls in the studio with encouraging words, but most of time there is just plain wall against your chair

My other two partners still around, but got busy with another projects. I wish them find their own path, as much exciting as doing scryptmail
Old 26 Apr 2015, 03:33 AM   #94
rmannam

Only eight days to go on the Kickstarter campaign!
I see that not even ten percent of the goal is achieved.
What will be the future of the project if atleast $25,000 is not pledged?
rmannam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2015, 04:17 AM   #95
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmannam View Post
Only eight days to go on the Kickstarter campaign!
I see that not even ten percent of the goal is achieved.
What will be the future of the project if atleast $25,000 is not pledged?
Well, kickstarter was a fiasco. I expected a little more from it - it turn out I should advertise theirs service, but not the way around.
We stated in the campaign all money would go towards servers cost. That is expect to be around $12k a year and it would allowed me to work on SCRYPTmail in slow pack without worrying to pay out of my pocket.

Luckily soon after I realized that kickstarter is no go I found softlayer. They offered me a great startup program, which will cover $12k for the first year of service.
I'm glad to say SCRYPTmail future is independent from kickstarter outcome, but I need to work little harder to switch from freemium service into offering paid accounts.

So I'm pretty sure will be here for at least another year, in which hopefully we can secure future of SCRYPTmail.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 05:15 PM   #96
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Good to see headers are now enabled.

You said on your blog
"Our next step will be adding custom domain functionality. It will be available only to advanced and kickstarter+ accounts."

What's the pricing going to be?
I'm not sure yet, I need to deliver it first. What would it worth for you?
Old 30 Apr 2015, 03:27 PM   #97
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Now you can use 7nd.me for aliases. I will run this to test script responsible for parsing incoming emails for a week, after which custom domain would be available
Old 1 May 2015, 01:56 AM   #98
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
I really don't know. You would have to look at your competitors to see what they charge.
Maybe you should offer it free during the beta period until you build trust and reputation.

I need imap/pop so I wouldn't pay for a service that doesn't provide it. I understand why it's not available but I need it.
I actually was thinking about Imap. The only option I was able to come up with, is to use your password to perform decryption on server side. It will be available if you consciously enable that in your settings. Would you will be ok to have server side decryption when using Imap?
Old 4 May 2015, 12:50 PM   #99
quidam

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryptmail View Post
I actually was thinking about Imap. The only option I was able to come up with, is to use your password to perform decryption on server side. It will be available if you consciously enable that in your settings. Would you will be ok to have server side decryption when using Imap?
+1 for IMAP.

Server side decryption is anyway not worse than server side encryption of incoming e-mails.

Would never pay for (or even use on a regular basis) a service which does not offer raw download capabilities.

That said, SCRYPTmail is very promising. Trying to secure an intrinsically insecure protocol is an interesting challenge...
quidam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2015, 02:11 AM   #100
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by quidam View Post
+1 for IMAP.

Server side decryption is anyway not worse than server side encryption of incoming e-mails.

Would never pay for (or even use on a regular basis) a service which does not offer raw download capabilities.

That said, SCRYPTmail is very promising. Trying to secure an intrinsically insecure protocol is an interesting challenge...
Well then. Vote for this feature on my blog https://blog.scryptmail.com/.
With existing priorities, it may take me some time to get up to the task.

Ps. I will implement DANE right after finish with Custom Domains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2265&v=YG0bUmuj4tg - worth to watch. I'm glad some politicians on our side

Last edited by scryptmail : 5 May 2015 at 02:29 AM.
Old 6 May 2015, 02:25 AM   #101
ccl1
Essential Contributor

what happens if you forget your password and also did not download the ScryptmailToken key, which seems required for password reset?
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2015, 03:55 AM   #102
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccl1 View Post
what happens if you forget your password and also did not download the ScryptmailToken key, which seems required for password reset?
Well, nothing happens Just have to register new email address. There is no way to proof ownership for an account without that
Old 6 May 2015, 04:47 AM   #103
ccl1
Essential Contributor

for a person like me who reformats his computer quite often, that might be an issue (due to forgetfulness). is there any plans down the road to have a 'plan b' account verification procedure in case the key gets deleted?
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2015, 05:14 AM   #104
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccl1 View Post
for a person like me who reformats his computer quite often, that might be an issue (due to forgetfulness). is there any plans down the road to have a 'plan b' account verification procedure in case the key gets deleted?
I would suggest you take responsibility for your own 'plan b'?
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2015, 06:02 AM   #105
popowich
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
EmailQuestions.com
Get a small fire proof safe and a sturdy metal usb drive to store special files such as tokens, one time use passwords, bitcoin passphrases, and any other files that need to survive computer and/or household disasters.
popowich is offline   Reply With Quote