EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 16 May 2015, 07:17 PM   #1
JimEoff

Assign Personality for Email Sent to Specific Contact?

How can I specify a Personality to always be used for email sent to a particular contact?

This seems like something I used to know, but I couldn't find it after much forum searching and examining my settings... sorry if it's duplicating an existing thread.

Thank you!
JimEoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 May 2015, 01:02 PM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Use Folder properties to set default Personality

A Personality is associated with a From address you use to send messages, and so is not directly associated with any particular To address of a recipient.

But you can set a default Personality to each folder (in the Advanced>Folders screen). So if you use rules (or alias targets or plus addressing or subdomain addressing or manually moving received messages) so that all messages from that person are filed in a certain folder, then if you are reading messages in that folder and Compose a new message it can use the Folder properties to set the Personality appropriately.

Was that clear? It's a bit convoluted, but I use this all the time. It allows the From address, saved sent message folder, signature, and a few other parameters to be forced just by opening a certain folder before choosing to Compose a message.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2015, 06:45 PM   #3
JimEoff

Yes, and thank you.

It seems to me that it would be logical and sometimes helpful (and easier) if there was an option for each contact to have a settable send personality. Maybe there are reasons that's not a good idea...
Old 20 May 2015, 09:39 PM   #4
Der

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEoff View Post
It seems to me that it would be logical and sometimes helpful (and easier) if there was an option for each contact to have a settable send personality. Maybe there are reasons that's not a good idea...
I agree, although I don't know if there is an email client anywhere that does this. It would address my single biggest problem with personalities--remembering to change them when sending to certain recipients. The folder solution wouldn't help much, as the trouble is with my memory.
Der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2015, 06:58 PM   #5
JimEoff

"single biggest problem with personalities--remembering to change them when sending to certain recipients"

Yes! Makes the feature much less usable.