EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 31 Dec 2005, 10:53 PM   #91
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

When you log into the BlueHome SquirrelMail interface, look in the left panel under "Your username:" to see which form your username is in now. For example, my username is now along the lines of "exampleepost86" for website purposes. When I entered the URL http://bluehome.net/~exampleepost86 (with my real ID in place of "example") I did get the default start page.

Last edited by rmns2bseen : 31 Dec 2005 at 11:09 PM.
rmns2bseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jan 2006, 12:00 AM   #92
Webgenie

Forwarding not working

I set up forwarding at Usermin, but it is not working. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I moved up the forwarding order to the top spot when I discovered it wasn't working.
Webgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jan 2006, 01:43 AM   #93
BlueHome

Representative of:
Bluehome.net
Re: Forwarding not working

Quote:
Originally posted by Webgenie
I set up forwarding at Usermin, but it is not working. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I moved up the forwarding order to the top spot when I discovered it wasn't working.
No; it doesn't matter if the forwarding is at the top, bottom or elsewhere. If it's at the top, though, mail will be forwarded before it's been scanned for spam or viruses. By having the forward command below these items you can have a stream of forwarded email that spam and virus free.

To do to the forwarding:

Under "Delivery action details", set "Delivery mode" to be "forward to address" and enter the email address in the text box. No checkboxes should be checked, except possibly for "Continue processing even if conditions match" if you want to leave a copy of the forwarded messages on our system (otherwise that doesn't need to be checked.)

If you want all messages to be forwarded, you're now done and can click on the save button. If you only want certain messages forwarded (or not forwarded), go to the "Action conditions" portion and create regular expressions or whatever to do so. Then click save.

If you're manually editing your Procmail configuration, this will forward messages and leave a copy on our side.

:0c
! user@host

This will forward messages and not leave a copy (notice that the "c" is missing)

:0
! user@host

(Be sure to replace user@host with the email address)
BlueHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jan 2006, 02:01 AM   #94
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Login form should now work

After trying to get the login form for Usermin to work cross-browser using javascript, I finally succeeded with a single line of PHP.

Well I say succeeded, I've tested so far using the latest versions of Opera, FIrefox and IE6 from Windows. I'll do some further testing from Linux next year!

On another note the PumaPost servers have now been cleared and shut down .
redmyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jan 2006, 02:41 AM   #95
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

When logging into Usermin at bluehome for my my pumapost/promptpost account and going to:

Fetchmail Mail Retrieval > Add a new server

I get the following error:
Quote:
You are not allowed to edit this user's fetchmail config
Is this feature not enabled for pumapost accounts or for bluehome.net accounts in general?
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jan 2006, 02:48 AM   #96
SAS
Cornerstone of the Community

I always get that same error message with my Bluehome account when using Firefox. But, I don't get that message when I use IE.
SAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jan 2006, 02:52 AM   #97
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

I'm using IE6. I've never used the Firefox browser.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 03:02 AM   #98
Javier
Master of the @

I have logged into my Promptpost account at BlueHome and I receive the messages sent to the promptpost account and to the aliases I previously had, too.

Congratulations!!! and Happy 2006.
Javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jan 2006, 03:13 AM   #99
Javier
Master of the @

Exclamation Problem with punctuated characters

Hi again:

Maybe (surely!!!) Graeme remember a problem I reported with SquirrelMail displaying some messages (for example, those sent by Google Alerts) with punctuated characters (á, Ã*, ñ, ...). Graeme said to me that this was a little bug in the code of SquirrelMail that he wonderfully solved.

Sadly (as usual with every other SquirrelMail system I have tested), BlueHome displays this same problem but, fortunately, this is a display-only problem (not as the similar one that has Webmail.us, that modifies permanently the source code of the messages)

Is it possible to solve this bug? (if you need a message with the problem or more information about this, PM me).

Thanks in advance.
Javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jan 2006, 03:37 AM   #100
BlueHome

Representative of:
Bluehome.net
xmailer (or anyone for that matter): If you're having problems with your account please send an email to support <(at)> bluehome <(dot)> net. It is not possible to effectively troubleshoot account problems through the forums.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 07:07 AM   #101

Happy New Year to Graeme and Bluehome reps and all of you.

Freddy,
Old 1 Jan 2006, 07:47 AM   #102
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueHome
xmailer (or anyone for that matter): If you're having problems with your account please send an email to support <(at)> bluehome <(dot)> net. It is not possible to effectively troubleshoot account problems through the forums.
Thanks, I will. I mainly posted it here because I thought it might be a matter of only the migrated pumapost accounts not being able access the feature I referred to, perhaps not yet being fully integrated into the bluehome system, and that others accessing their pumapost accounts through bluehome might therefore also be unable to use the feature. But perhaps it is a problem with my own account specifically, in which case I'll email support, as suggested.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 09:39 AM   #103
BlueHome

Representative of:
Bluehome.net
Quote:
I mainly posted it here because I thought it might be a matter of only the migrated pumapost accounts not being able access the feature I referred to
Ah. Nope; all features are fully available to everyone.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 09:42 AM   #104
BlueHome

Representative of:
Bluehome.net
Thumbs up weather.com

By popular request the TWC Weather plug-in is now available.

It's a plugin that uses the weather.com datafeed and includes support for international locations.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 10:12 AM   #105
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Quote:
Originally posted by rmns2bseen
When you log into the BlueHome SquirrelMail interface, look in the left panel under "Your username:" to see which form your username is in now. For example, my username is now along the lines of "exampleepost86" for website purposes. When I entered the URL http://bluehome.net/~exampleepost86 (with my real ID in place of "example") I did get the default start page.
I could get there too. But if I want to access another file instead of default startpage it will return me to bluehome.net.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote