EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 5 Feb 2006, 09:42 PM   #181
drew
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
he 'confirmation code' reporter on Forum Registration seems to be screwed. It has just rejected 3 valid entries, and will not let me register for the forums (I was using my BlueHome ID and email address...)
Not sure if I get it. Have you deleted all cookies and cache and tried to use other browsers?
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2006, 02:19 AM   #182
BlueHome

Representative of:
Bluehome.net
I'm not able to duplicate that problem. The board accepts both the email address and code that I enter. That email address later receives the email containing the URL to activate the account. Accessing that URL then activates the account. I'm not able to explain why the process doesn't work for you, as I'm not able to duplicate the symptoms you describe.

However: If you'll send an email to support <(at)> bluehome <(dot)> net and include your desired username, we will create an account for you manually.
BlueHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2006, 10:52 AM   #183
TheMacFactor

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMacFactor
The 'confirmation code' reporter on Forum Registration seems to be screwed. It has just rejected 3 valid entries, and will not let me register for the forums (I was using my BlueHome ID and email address...)

Just tried again, and it worked perfectly, so obviously a temporary glitch... All's well that ends well...!
TheMacFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2006, 05:59 PM   #184
Edwin
 Administrator 

Since the closure news part of the thread is out of date, I've moved this away from the Early Warning forum.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2006, 07:24 PM   #185
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Hi,

I am a little puzzled the website says about unlimited size attachments and the webmail interface is saying at the moment the maximum size of attachments which can be attached is 2mb, is there any chance of increasing this to say 15mb so it is more reasonable for people who need to send attachments through the webmail syste.

I occasionally have to use the webmail myself especially when I have email client or antivirus bother but this recent glitch was only discovered this morning when my virus killer decided it would not boot up which is the second time in 2-3 months and this is meant to be the reliable Norton Antivirus 2005, anyhow it is good to have a webmail interface but it does annoy me with trying to find a service which would allow the sending of 10mb through the webmail system as some other services I use the maximum is 8mb.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2006, 08:43 PM   #186
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtaylor
Hi,

I am a little puzzled the website says about unlimited size attachments and the webmail interface is saying at the moment the maximum size of attachments which can be attached is 2mb, is there any chance of increasing this to say 15mb s...
The 2mb limit is actually a php default defined in php.ini by upload_max_filesize. IIRC I increased it to 7mb on PumaPost.

To increase beyond 7mb would also mean increasing the default post_max_size of 8mb, as well as possibly tweaking max_input_time, max_execution_time, and memory_limit.
redmyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote