EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 30 Mar 2006, 11:20 AM   #46
rgarcia
Essential Contributor

Bluehome is a decent and good service. I am always in awe of the dim wits who can put down a service that is free.

If you do not like it fine. But Bluehome is quite good and if anyone knows better then post the names and urls and let us all know who and what is better.

I have used plenty of email services and Bluehome as in fact very good. Reliability is the most important and Bluehome is reliable.
rgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2006, 03:35 PM   #47
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Originally posted by rmns2bseen
Cheerleader? I only say that I use it and like it. And, um, I'm not alone. If that rankles your super-genius tech-savvy brain, so be it.
No rankles... just making a point... in EVERY thread in relation to BH, you have to make some comment (or two) to almost every post in the thread.

I could really care less... just wanted to see your reaction since someone actually noticed... Give me a B! ha, ha…

I guess by the way that I said BH is not special, some take offense. Please don't. As I said before, I think they have a good service, but nothing that would be missed if killed tomorrow. Then again, that is my opinion. Heck, I’m nothing special, I doubt if I would be missed after 6 minutes of leaving this board.
theog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2006, 09:22 PM   #48
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by theog
in EVERY thread in relation to BH, you have to make some comment (or two) to almost every post in the thread.
Sort of like you then, I guess...at least ever since the "it's a shame companies like this are allowed to exist" comment
rmns2bseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2006, 12:00 AM   #49
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

hands off free email providers !!

Quote:
Originally posted by rgarcia
I am always in awe of the dim wits who can put down a service that is free.
This forum is full of dimwits who dare criticise Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Lycos, all absolutely free. No mercy to the ungrateful, spam them to death !
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2006, 12:23 AM   #50
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Sort of like you then, I guess...at least ever since the "it's a shame companies like this are allowed to exist" comment
Ahh... even take quotes out of context... are you a reporter or do you work for the government?
Old 31 Mar 2006, 12:42 AM   #51
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Re: hands off free email providers !!

Quote:
Originally posted by janusz
This forum is full of dimwits who dare criticise Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Lycos, all absolutely free. No mercy to the ungrateful, spam them to death !
Aye, but there's free and then there's free!

If I'm not mistaken the providers you name do not provide an "absolutely" free service. The lack of a charge to the email user is covered by advertising revenue - you are provided with email for no charge so long as you agree to be bombarded by adverts.

This is a different situation from BlueHome whose service is truly free to the user - no charge, no adverts, just a good, free email service.

(But I confess to being a wee bit biased )
redmyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2006, 12:52 AM   #52
davy51
Master of the @

The basic facts are that Bluehome might not offer all the bells and whistles

but it is accesible and support does answer

they do try to give a great service and i can find no fault with them

I have been using it and it works great for me
davy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2006, 01:36 AM   #53
lexluthor

I've been using bluehome for about a month now.

Certainly seems to be a lot of features, most I don't use, but looks great for a "power user".

Yes, it's free, that's great. I don't ever see any ads.

Uptime has been great.

Support is excellent. I've had many email "conversations" with the people running the system and even have learned some from them. They are very willing to listen to their "customers" and work with them.

Only negative I see is that the IMAP access is a bit slow. I had a fastmail account and, using thunderbird, it checked mail in maybe a second. With same setup and bluehome, it takes a few seconds longer. Not a big deal, considering the cost.

I'm also not a big fan of their greylisting, especially since I filter spam before it hits my bluehome box. Seems like they are considering putting in a user option to enable/disable this feature. I've figured out my own way around it, which happens to provide me with some other benefits that I didn't have before, so I'll probably just keep it this way even if they do add an option to allow me to disable greylisting.

Otherwise, I'm happy, it's been my main inbox and haven't had any real problems yet.
lexluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2006, 06:38 AM   #54
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Quote:
Ahh... even take quotes out of context... are you a reporter or do you work for the government?
I notice you comment just about every time everyone.net is mentioned, and no one jumps on you for it...nor should they. Hey, it's a forum, and as far as I know there isn't a limit on the number of times one can comment on a topic.

(edit) and for the record, here's the whole quote...I did get it a little wrong:

"Unlimited storage for both webspace and e-mail

...we advertise unlimited bandwidth...

...you must transfer your website if an excessive amount of bandwidth is being used.

It is this kind of stuff that drives people away from the net... ya, I know everyone is suppose to read the TOS, but how many people don't? They trust the marketing and "hype" is real. It is really sad this company is allowed to exist. Unlike many on this forum, normal people (*smile*) don't even know what bandwidth is, let alone there is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth."

But, I won't "push" BH anymore As mikedk said, I'll just keep quietly using it as long as it's around. A lot of the brouhaha reminds me of a Groucho Marx quote: "Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"

(further edited for unnecessary vitriol nothing personal against you, theog, really)

Last edited by rmns2bseen : 31 Mar 2006 at 09:20 AM.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 09:39 AM   #55
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
nothing personal against you, theog, really)
No, biggie... actually, what I question is why you would bring up that old post, when in this thread I said:

"I have grown to respect BH from my limited use of the services and from the way they act (not always the way they post, but actions are more important than words, sometimes)."

Did I change my stance on BH? Yes, I did. IMO, BH seems to be an honest bunch of people. They changed some info on their site and I changed with them. If anything that is a major positive.

BH's management seems to be on the ball. I guess my post about BH not being "anything special" might seem negative, but it is typed as "IMO."

I also "dog" everyone.net... it is not perfect... but I'll be the first to admit that I'm a everyone.net cheerleader... Give me an E.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 10:04 AM   #56
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Quote:
No, biggie... actually, what I question is why you would bring up that old post, when in this thread I said:

"I have grown to respect BH from my limited use of the services and from the way they act (not always the way they post, but actions are more important than words, sometimes)."

A cheap shot on my part, which I regret *handshake*