EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 21 Apr 2006, 12:31 PM   #16
Javier
Master of the @

Also, Fusemail, with a specially adapted interface, uses SquirrelMail.
Javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2006, 02:01 PM   #17
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

In checking UKinbox I don't believe it provides Identitys. It has a very simple signup procedure. using my own Domain, I need to change the From Line. Most Squirrel mail services have this option.
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2006, 02:11 PM   #18
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by sheprd
In checking UKinbox I don't believe it provides Identitys. It has a very simple signup procedure. using my own Domain, I need to change the From Line. Most Squirrel mail services have this option.
Yes, it is usually under 'Options' 'Personal information' 'Advanced Identities'
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2006, 02:30 AM   #19
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Hi David. When I go to Options> Personal there is some things but no place to set up a From Line Change or Identitys \Guess they haven't added that feature yet.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 03:08 AM   #20
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by sheprd
Hi David. When I go to Options> Personal there is some things but no place to set up a From Line Change or Identitys \Guess they haven't added that feature yet.
It is very likely, that they don't want you to be able to change the 'from address' sheprd..... Why not email support and ask them?
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2006, 03:15 AM   #21
jdtaylor
Master of the @

I agree, I did suggest they considered pop/smtp and more storage but I got no response.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2006, 01:24 PM   #22
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks all responders. I checked three of the services and only wapda permits changing From Line. Also EZRS doesn't appear to be accepting new signups. Hope this doesn't mean that fewer and fewer services will permit changing the From Line.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 10:10 PM   #23
idealist
Essential Contributor

Actually, EZRS does permit new signups, but you have to contact the administrator to signup. Per the box on their homepage:

Quote:
New Account - Sept 8, 2005 We have cancelled the online registration for new user account since about six months ago; if anyone is still interested to obtain a EZrs email account, please email us with your real name, alternate email address and reason(s) for joining us, thanks.
They do let you change the "from" address using advanced identities. I must point out though that I've stopped using my EZRS account because of spammers occasionally spoofing my account. I even tried changing the domain name to a different one offered by EZRS, and I still had that problem with the new email address.

Cwazy.net also lets you change the "from" address, and they offer a great service, but it's not free, it's 5 quid per year.

I still think tuffmail is a great deal for the price, and they don't have SMTP sender restrictions. Good luck!
idealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2006, 12:51 AM   #24
pyedka
Cornerstone of the Community

If you are really into SquirrelMail, you may try getting a good web hosting with cPanel, it usually comes with SquirrelMail. You may use your domain too.
pyedka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2006, 06:38 AM   #25
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Re: UKInbox.com

Quote:
Originally posted by King Of Email
UKInbox, a Squirrelmail service is the most feature-filled free one I have found yet. Storage is said to have no limitations, but attachments are limited to 5MB. HTML composition is provided and some other features such as the sidebar calendar as well as other tweaks.

http://www.ukinbox.com/
While for all I know it may well be one of the best free squirrelmail-based services currently available, as it does have its "plusses", or at least one, in that it claims unlimited storage space (although I'm not sure whether to regard that as a "plus", given the past record of most services offering "unlimited" space), I would find it hard to regard a webmail service with no filters whatsoever -- either server-side or client-side -- as particularly "full-featured". "Unlimited" space seems of pretty limited usefulness when everything is just "dumped" in the Inbox with no facility provided for the automated filing of messages into folders. At least I'm unable to find any sort of filters in the UKInbox Options.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2006, 07:30 AM   #26
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by pyedka
If you are really into SquirrelMail, you may try getting a good web hosting with cPanel, it usually comes with SquirrelMail. You may use your domain too.
I agree, the best SquirrelMail available is your own!
Not sure you need cPanel - just a host that supports PHP4/5 and the ability to upload files.
redmyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote