EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 27 Aug 2010, 03:36 AM   #121
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Can someone detail what systems Polarismail uses to combat spam and how effective it is? So far I really like my Polarismail account.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2010, 03:39 AM   #122
digp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by William9 View Post
Can someone detail what systems Polarismail uses to combat spam and how effective it is? So far I really like my Polarismail account.
DSPAM and possibly spamassassin
digp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2010, 09:35 AM   #123
George_B
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by William9 View Post
We use DSPAM only for content filtering ( Spamassassin is too slow for our volume ).
Besides that we use RBLs, whitelists and a combination of various SMTP tests ( does the sender domain have an MX, order of SMTP commands, etc ).
George_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2010, 10:32 AM   #124
alexu2007
Essential Contributor

I checked polarismail e-mail hosting prices, and there's a form where you can calculate the price for e-mail accounts.

In the Individual Storage Space field you can select 10 Gb or 10 Gb Enchanced, the second option double the price. What do 10 Gb Enchanced means? What is the difference between 10 Gb and 10 Gb Enchanced?
alexu2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2010, 11:57 AM   #125
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexu2007 View Post
I checked polarismail e-mail hosting prices, and there's a form where you can calculate the price for e-mail accounts.

In the Individual Storage Space field you can select 10 Gb or 10 Gb Enchanced, the second option double the price. What do 10 Gb Enchanced means? What is the difference between 10 Gb and 10 Gb Enchanced?
Like I mentioned, we are redesigning our website at the moment and it will be much more clear on the final product.

Basically Enhanced is this new interface we are pushing.

Basic is our regular e-mail. It still comes with 10GB of storage and everything else.
Old 28 Aug 2010, 12:42 AM   #126
curvefan
Essential Contributor

Hello George,

I have another question about the Imap accounts.

How often are they polled for new messages, and is there any way to set this to our own preference in the settings area or CP?

Also, a little OT, I recently signed up at your forum and posted a message, but so far nothing is showing up.

Is this possibly because of the new redesign of your web site?

Thanks.
curvefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2010, 01:16 AM   #127
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
Hello George,

I have another question about the Imap accounts.

How often are they polled for new messages, and is there any way to set this to our own preference in the settings area or CP?

Also, a little OT, I recently signed up at your forum and posted a message, but so far nothing is showing up.

Is this possibly because of the new redesign of your web site?

Thanks.

The server is polled every 2 minutes automatically. There will be an option to let you decrease this, but not to less than 1 minute. Also, web applications can't handle the IDLE command since the connection does not remain open.

I will look into the forum issue.
Old 28 Aug 2010, 04:29 AM   #128
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
I set up a handful of Imap accounts and was wondering whether there was a way to set these accounts so that they didn't fully open on the left hand side when you first log in.

In other words, I would like all accounts to be collapsed when first signing in, so that I can choose which account I want to open. It would just be a cleaner look. No big deal if it's not possible to do this.
While not a major issue to me either, I second the request for the ability to have all accounts collapsed upon login. Or an "acceptable" alternative for me would be for the system to "remember" the last open/collapsed state of the accounts between logins (since some accounts receive much less mail than others and don't require frequent opening/checking).
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2010, 09:08 PM   #129
B4its2L8
Master of the @

1) It would be nice to be able to have a setting in "Look and Feel" that would allow us to choose the size of the font for reading emails. I send myself test messages and forward emails to PolarisMail from another account and it seems to wind up smaller (read: teensy-weensy) in the new interface than elsewhere (Outlook, other account webmail). I'd like to be able to increase it in 'settings.'

2) George, I'm wondering at what point you would prefer our questions/suggestions to be handled at the PolarisMail support forum instead of here.
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2010, 09:14 PM   #130
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Any free accounts left? I'd be interested in one.

Thanks,
John
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2010, 11:19 PM   #131
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4its2L8 View Post
1) It would be nice to be able to have a setting in "Look and Feel" that would allow us to choose the size of the font for reading emails. I send myself test messages and forward emails to PolarisMail from another account and it seems to wind up smaller (read: teensy-weensy) in the new interface than elsewhere (Outlook, other account webmail). I'd like to be able to increase it in 'settings.'

2) George, I'm wondering at what point you would prefer our questions/suggestions to be handled at the PolarisMail support forum instead of here.
1. You can also modify the entire content size by using Ctrl + or Ctrl - in the browser window. That's a browser function however

2. Any questions asked there will be answered. It will slowly become a support area for our users so that we don't clog EMD too much
Old 29 Aug 2010, 02:33 AM   #132
beq

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimlin View Post
The idea of having an "online email client" that can include all other IMAP account is great!
That is interesting, and something that others here have asked for in the past. I'm considering a Pro account -- thanks for the discount...
beq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2010, 12:03 PM   #133
William9
The "e" in e-mail

How does one view source or full headers for a message in the webmail application?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 12:40 PM   #134
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Asked and answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmailer View Post
Is there any way to view the full headers, or the full source, in the webmail interface?
Quote:
Originally Posted by George_B View Post
Right click on the message and select: View Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmailer View Post
Ah, thanks. That works. I tried right clicking on the open message, but didn't think to try right clicking on it in the listing. Good enough.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2010, 02:33 PM   #135
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks for pointing that out. I should have read more carefully.