EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 11 May 2013, 07:03 PM   #1
bbauri

Why does not Microsoft let me go?

Well, I have multiple email accounts. A little too many actually...a total of 101 email ids. Dont tell my girlfriend, she'll think I love email ids more than her. Now you are laughing. You know I dont really want to point finger at you but if you are an EMD member you are probably guilty of the same crime. :-P Anyway I recently wanted to cut down the number, it was a tough decision ( lo ye empathetic EMD members, you understand ) but after kicking myself ( don't try. You can't kick yourself. I mean mentaly kicking ) quite a few times, I was determind and deleting was in progress. However this little hurdle I can't overcome. Can anyone tell me why? The question is, I was trying to delete my old @hotmail email id, I went to account overview page, clicked on 'close account' , input passward and then clicked on 'deactivate account' but Microsoft showing me 'this option (= deactivation of account ) is not available for your account'. I've tried few times with no result. Any idea, why?
bbauri is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11 May 2013, 07:15 PM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Can't you simply stop using the unwanted accounts and let Microsoft deactivate them due to inactivity (if that's MS's policy)?
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2013, 08:43 AM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

You might want to check this Microsoft answers thread by someone with a similar problem closing their account:
Close hotmail account: option not available

If you don't use your account:
  • Your Outlook.com or Hotmail account will become inactive if you don't sign in for more than 270 days or within the first 10 days after signing up for your account. After an account becomes inactive, all messages, folders, and contacts are deleted, and incoming messages are sent back to the sender as undeliverable.
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2013, 01:42 PM   #4
bbauri

@Bill Thanks a lot for helping me. :-) Though I am not entirely happy cause now I'll have to delete that ID. So don't mind if you suddenly found me scowling at you for showing me the way to do that. Don't kill me, just kidding. Thanks a lot, really.

@the-god-of-beginning-and-end (=janusz) thank you :-)
bbauri is offline   Reply With Quote