EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 5 Jun 2014, 04:53 PM   #31
adamlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccl1 View Post
It seems like a lot of work and hassle to go through.
Just create a subdomain and redirect those MX records. Setting everything up through your domain provider should take no more five minutes including the time it takes you to log into their website. DNS replication can be just as fast with low TTL entries.
adamlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jun 2014, 02:51 PM   #32
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by William9 View Post
Nice looking main page. Sparse but attractive.
What is MXRoute's privacy policy? What does "secure email" mean? Where are the servers? Is this a resale of some larger email provider?
Just to let you know, your question got me thinking about the importance of making policies clear on the front page. I've been running this a bit like a small town corner store, and I always intend to run it that way, but policies are quite important and for that reason MXroute's policies have been posted on the front page. There is no difference in policy, just a more clear and accessible statement of said policy. Appreciate your concerns about it.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jun 2014, 07:29 AM   #33
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Good. I think those things are necessary.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2014, 02:04 AM   #34
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Hi, I'm just trying to move my new domain hosting for a .uk domain to you, just a simple question, do you offer activesync style access for accounts, so people can use their account like an exchange server or not?

I'm just wondering as that's the best way I find to get emails through to my phone but also to use webmail etc.

Also what's the server details can't find them.

Last edited by jdtaylor : 17 Jun 2014 at 02:59 AM.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2014, 11:43 AM   #35
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtaylor View Post
Hi, I'm just trying to move my new domain hosting for a .uk domain to you, just a simple question, do you offer activesync style access for accounts, so people can use their account like an exchange server or not?

I'm just wondering as that's the best way I find to get emails through to my phone but also to use webmail etc.

Also what's the server details can't find them.
Hola! At the moment there is no activesync compatible setup. I've been exploring zpush a bit but I won't pretend anything like that is on a short term list to be added. For your phone you would focus on POP3 or IMAP checks at a set interval. I'm not going to limit the interval, you're not going to overwhelm the server, infrastructure is one thing I've got a wealth of.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 07:43 PM   #36
jdtaylor
Master of the @

That's fine, I've set it up as IMAP on an hourly check when my phone is connected to the internet and that's sufficent for me at the moment.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 09:32 PM   #37
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

MXroute Service Announcement

In my Inbox today, FYI:

First, thank you for being a part of MXroute! I have an announcement to make about the future of MXroute. Since it's launch, MXroute has been a product of Catalyst Host. This will now be changing. There is no change in administration, however MXroute is going to become it's own entity and will no longer be a part of Catalyst Host. This change has little actual meaning for you, however those of you who have worked with us for some time know that we put honesty and transparency near the top of our priorities. Below is a list of what will actually be changing.

- Billing system. You will receive a new e-mail containing the new login instructions.
- Support. This will move to the new billing system.
- Policies. These are identical, they simply have the name MXroute instead of Catalyst Host. These are already on mxroute.com for your review. There has been no change to the terms, only the name of the party who enforces them.

Just in case my words lacked any clarity, I will restate one thing. I, Jarland Donnell, started MXroute and used Catalyst Host as a foundation for it's billing and policies. I, Jarland Donnell, will be taking MXroute away from Catalyst Host and continuing to run the service just as I have been.

If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail [address removed by FredOnline] and I will be more than happy to answer any questions that you have.

Thank you,
Jarland Donnell
MXroute.com
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2014, 05:32 AM   #38
jdtaylor
Master of the @

I must say the service has been very speedy, I hope it keeps up in the new form.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 05:45 AM   #39
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
In my Inbox today, FYI:
Yeah, there was recently some clarification about policies at my primary job that were somewhat incompatible with the structure. Additionally, Ryan has been talking about a hosted Zimbra solution as a product of Catalyst Host. It was a good combination to push ahead what has already been planned but had no date set, as any professional association with Catalyst Host must be removed. That, however, doesn't mean that Ryan won't be involved in MXroute. The infrastructure also remains with Catalyst, just as a client.

I know it sounds kind of vague, but to clarify I work for a web hosting company here in Houston and I have to make sure that I do not position myself in any way that creates a conflict of interest. So this shift is to clarify my distance from such.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 08:24 PM   #40
adamlau

And just like that, the free accounts are gone .
Old 29 Jun 2014, 04:38 AM   #41
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlau View Post
And just like that, the free accounts are gone .
Yeah the goal was to encourage people to sign up because they have a use for it, as well as for garbage collection to weed out the accounts that haven't been in use for a long time. That of course only applies to people who sign up for the new Small package and not the ones who signed up for the Free package. So I replaced the offering with $1/year.

I had a bunch of people making 5-10 free accounts, not connecting their domains, etc. Since the goal is to run a service that runs with low overhead and doesn't aim for high profit, just making sure the trends are a little less left to chance.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 08:05 PM   #42
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Are existing used free accounts remaining free?
Old 3 Jul 2014, 05:07 AM   #43
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtaylor View Post
Are existing used free accounts remaining free?
They are. I was thinking about leaving a link to still order them here somewhere. I don't want to advertise though. Just seems like a bunch of good people here.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 05:56 AM   #44
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
They are. I was thinking about leaving a link to still order them here somewhere. I don't want to advertise though. Just seems like a bunch of good people here.
I would suggest a gift account approach a la EuMX.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jul 2014, 06:27 AM   #45
adamlau

Count me in. I would like to test an account (UI and ease of administration) as I have two clients who need a few extra mailboxes for their businesses (but do not necessarily want to administer them).