EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 15 Apr 2017, 06:07 AM   #31
paleolith
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Sure, I use SMS for short messages that someone won't need to reference again in the future. But, I am often sending links to something, attachments, phone numbers, etc. I have yet to see any reliable longterm solution to finding such things in your Instant messages.
I have SMS Backup+ installed on my Android phone. It copies all SMS messages to a folder in an IMAP account, where of course you can use the normal email search tools.

I assume there's something similar for iPhones. For that matter, I'm sure it's not the only such app for Android.

Edward
paleolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2017, 06:12 AM   #32
TenFour
Master of the @

Sure, but I have every email I've ever sent, and most important ones I have received, since about 2006 in Gmail and if I need something I can easily search and find it in seconds. Much easier to search in one spot, using the best search engine in the world, than to have to dig through some additional folder somewhere. It is nice having everything in one spot. I personally use SMS for short impermanent messages I will never have to refer to again.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2017, 06:19 AM   #33
paleolith
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
It is nice having everything in one spot. I personally use SMS for short impermanent messages I will never have to refer to again.
I agree about having everything in one spot. That was my point -- this is a way to have all your SMS correspondence available in your email account. If you avoid using SMS for anything you'll ever want to search, then don't use this. But there is a way.

Edward
paleolith is offline   Reply With Quote