EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 25 Nov 2016, 09:11 PM   #1
shenton
Essential Contributor

MXRoute

I decided to buy the amazing Black Friday offer from MXRoute. I liked it so much that I was about to transfer my main domain to them.

Suddenly, I tried to log in three hours later to see this message:
Unexpected condition from IMAP server, closed or corrupt connection to IMAP. Possible mailbox corruption

Oh dear!

Thankfully, I haven't transferred anything critical to them.

Not a good start though!!
shenton is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25 Nov 2016, 09:12 PM   #2
shenton
Essential Contributor

Back up now, but rather worrying!
Old 25 Nov 2016, 09:25 PM   #3
shenton
Essential Contributor

Just spotted that I posted in Early Warnings!! Sorry, I was reading there and didn't notice. Could a mod move it to questions.... I have no doubt that MXRoute are not closing. Apologies!

Last edited by shenton : 26 Nov 2016 at 01:03 AM.
Old 26 Nov 2016, 01:00 AM   #4
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenton View Post
Just spotted that I posted in Early Warnings!! Sorry, I was reading there and didn't notice. Could a mod move it to questions.... I have no doubt that MXRoute are closing. Apologies!

You say you have no doubt they are closing. Was there a notice to that effect at the site? I have an email account at mxroute.io. I haven't been there in a while and now I can't check it for myself because the site is completely down, at least at the moment.
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2016, 01:04 AM   #5
shenton
Essential Contributor

Sorry, badly worded. Edited my post. Should say 'not closing'
Old 30 Nov 2016, 09:47 AM   #6
randian

mxroute.io still down for me. mxroute.xyz works though.
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2016, 12:41 PM   #7
ReuvenNY

Moderator's Comment

Thread moved.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2016, 08:48 PM   #8
communicant

Mxroute.io is still down for me as well, and a pm to the mxroute rep here on the forum that was sent several days ago has received no reply. I wonder what is going on.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 10:35 PM   #9
mailcheap

Quote:
I decided to buy the amazing Black Friday offer from MXRoute. I liked it so much that I was about to transfer my main domain to them.

Suddenly, I tried to log in three hours later to see this message:
Unexpected condition from IMAP server, closed or corrupt connection to IMAP. Possible mailbox corruption

Oh dear!

Thankfully, I haven't transferred anything critical to them.

Not a good start though!!
I bought their BF offer too and had no issues logging in. That said, Jarland did mention that their entire infrastructure was getting DDoS attacked during the sale.

I think it goes w/out saying that you should contact support or at least check their twitter status first before taking to the forums: https://twitter.com/MXroute/status/802150237699719169

Pavin Joseph.
mailcheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Dec 2016, 12:36 AM   #10
communicant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailcheap View Post
I bought their BF offer too and had no issues logging in. That said, Jarland did mention that their entire infrastructure was getting DDoS attacked during the sale.

I think it goes w/out saying that you should contact support or at least check their twitter status first before taking to the forums: https://twitter.com/MXroute/status/802150237699719169

Pavin Joseph.
When I checked, their twitter feed said "DDOS rolling across our infrastructure. Everything is holding up fine, but may see latency increases."

That may apply to mxroute.com, but mxroute.io has been unreachable for many days, which was the subject of posts by randian and myself. Things are certainly not "holding up fine" for email accounts at mxroute.io.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 02:08 PM   #11
shenton
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailcheap View Post

Pavin Joseph.
Completely agree and normally would. I was concerned that I had only been a customer for three hours and had this happen. I wanted to see what others' experience had been as I don't know much about MXRoute. It concerned me enough that I'm staying with RunBox for now as I have never had any problems there. Am just keeping an eye on MXRoute as it seems fast and efficient.

I haven't seen any more downtime since and it was only a blip. I was actually in the process of figuring out how to transfer one of my two main domains when I got that message!
Old 2 Dec 2016, 04:21 PM   #12
paul29

I didn't even know about mxroute.io and they might have forgotten about it or something. They're responsive to support tickets so you might open one.
paul29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2016, 06:47 AM   #13
communicant

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul29 View Post
I didn't even know about mxroute.io and they might have forgotten about it or something. They're responsive to support tickets so you might open one.
The email service at mxroute.io was shut down because not enough people signed up or used it regularly. I would be curious to know if anyone here who opened an account received advance notice that it was going to be shut down.
Old 10 Dec 2016, 07:38 AM   #14
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
The email service at mxroute.io was shut down because not enough people signed up or used it regularly. I would be curious to know if anyone here who opened an account received advance notice that it was going to be shut down.
Aye. I gave it a shot, I wanted to have a nice looking free offering. I did a strong log audit to determine that no one was using it in any capacity. I changed the login page to a message to contact me if you were still using this, though not sure why as I already knew no one was using it. Eventually I just decided there's no point in giving of my time to offer something that no one wants.

No hard feelings, no one wanted it so I sent it packing
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2016, 07:41 AM   #15
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Completely agree and normally would. I was concerned that I had only been a customer for three hours and had this happen. I wanted to see what others' experience had been as I don't know much about MXRoute. It concerned me enough that I'm staying with RunBox for now as I have never had any problems there. Am just keeping an eye on MXRoute as it seems fast and efficient.

I haven't seen any more downtime since and it was only a blip. I was actually in the process of figuring out how to transfer one of my two main domains when I got that message!
Sorry about the trouble on that. In addition to just your average DDOS attacks, someone thought it would be funny to flood the IMAP servers. I ended up resolving that mostly by just throwing more physical resources at it.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote