EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 13 Dec 2008, 03:39 AM   #901
COUME
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystakill View Post
Kind of like this: http://mystakill.fastmail.net/custom-ui/message.jpg?

It doesn't scale down well on lower resolutions (<1440x900) at the moment. Part of the problem is that I still need to remove the "Next" and "Previous" text, and just display the arrows instead. I'll work on that when I have time. I also need to clean up & reorganize all of the quick & dirty tweaks I've been making since the new interface was released.

Edit: I just noticed that the .nextPrev div blocks the reply/forward buttons due to the higher z-index. Also, the bottom rows are not currently condensed. I'll definitely have to fix those issues before I recommend anyone else use those tweaks.
Would you mind sharing your .css file?
I am interested in removing my "Delete" button as you did but even a google search does not help me much to find out how to hide a class="actionDelete"

If you manage to remove the previous/next text to leave only the symbol, I will be very happy to see how to manage that

Thanks in advance.
Ludo

Last edited by COUME : 13 Dec 2008 at 04:11 AM.
COUME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2008, 08:53 PM   #902
netgooroo

beta site...

Greetings all.
I've been using fastmail for some time now and just wanted to comment on the new beta roll out here--- http://www.fastmail.fm/beta

I'm loving the new interface and enjoying the fact that links actually WORK on the fly now. VERY nice guys. Keep up the good work and I can't wait till the beta is switched over and becomes the every day UI.

Thanks

netgooroo
netgooroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2008, 04:42 AM   #903
RDT

Where is the Print View?

Is it me or did the print view get removed with the new invoice? How do I print a message using the new interface?
RDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2008, 04:46 AM   #904
Sherry

I don't think you need a print view anymore. You can just print it and it auto prints the same as when you used to choose the print view screen. I remember reading a post on that.

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2008, 04:47 AM   #905
COUME
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDT View Post
Is it me or did the print view get removed with the new invoice? How do I print a message using the new interface?
IIRC, you just have to print the page and it will automatically print in an appropriate format
Old 14 Dec 2008, 05:02 AM   #906
rabarberski
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDT View Post
This question already turned up many times (no wonder, it isn't very common not to have a print button on websites nowadays). Maybe a print button should be provided anyway, which gives a popup message to the user that he can just print the page and that it will come out fine of the printer?
In addition, people who know that the print button is useless could hide it with some CSS (or perhaps through an option)
rabarberski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2008, 05:39 AM   #907
Mystakill
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUME View Post
Would you mind sharing your .css file?
My CSS tweaks are in the same folder. Changing the next/previous text is going to require some JavaScript or MooTools tweaks, neither of which is my forte.
Mystakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2008, 06:02 AM   #908
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

I think it's better to use "print preview" before printing. Once I Didn't and then I had to reprint the message after changing some print settings to get all the text on the page (for some reason some text flowed of the edge of the paper).
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2008, 06:22 AM   #909
COUME
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystakill View Post
My CSS tweaks are in the same folder. Changing the next/previous text is going to require some JavaScript or MooTools tweaks, neither of which is my forte.
Thanks a lot

I already had the delete links in red like you did, but thanks to
Code:
#message .actionDelete {display: none}
I now have the interface how I want it to be!

Edit: Here is how mine looks like: http://screenshots.lubox.com/#single:tweaks.png
Nothing fancy but answers perfectly my needs

Last edited by COUME : 14 Dec 2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 14 Dec 2008, 07:35 AM   #910
malcarada

Exclamation Not looking good on Opera

On http://www.fastmail.fm/beta

The search box on the right hand side does not look good on Opera9.62, the text "Search Subject or From" is out of the box.
malcarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2008, 08:32 AM   #911
akorvemaker
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcarada View Post
The search box on the right hand side does not look good on Opera9.62, the text "Search Subject or From" is out of the box.
I assume you meant left instead of right. It displays fine for me. Here's a screenshot of what I see. What's different for you?

Andy
akorvemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2008, 01:58 AM   #912
kurianja
Master of the @

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the bishop View Post
I'm getting an odd error from Lifehacker emails that are sent via rssfwd. It seems to actually reconstruct the entire fastmail layout, putting most of the interface below the message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac View Post
There is also a problem viewing some newsletters also. One example is the Windows Secrets newsletter.
Okay, we've got a few examples of such emails, and I've fixed them all, but more test cases would never hurt. Can you either forward me these emails(forward as *attachments*) to kurianja at fastmail.fm, or put the mails in a 'forwebmaster' folder in your account and PM me your usernames?

Thanks.
kurianja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2008, 12:10 PM   #913
JMac
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurianja View Post
Okay, we've got a few examples of such emails, and I've fixed them all, but more test cases would never hurt. Can you either forward me these emails(forward as *attachments*) to kurianja at fastmail.fm, or put the mails in a 'forwebmaster' folder in your account and PM me your usernames?

Thanks.
I just sent a newsletter from Windows Secrets to you as an attachment.

Please note that the double scrollbar issue occurs on my desktop PC running Windows XP Pro, SP2 in Firefox 3.04, as well as on my Vista Ultimate notebook.

Thanks!

Jim
JMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2008, 02:25 PM   #914
JMac
Essential Contributor

Will a mod please snuff out the spammer just above me?

Thank you.

Jim
JMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2008, 02:43 PM   #915
kurianja
Master of the @

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
I've reported the post as well. Btw, I've received your email. Testing it out. Thanks Jim.
kurianja is offline   Reply With Quote