EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 27 Jan 2019, 07:14 PM   #1
alex_ndc

Prevent messages from being saved to Sent

I'm using a desktop email client (MailMate) and the native Apple Mail on iOS.

I want to send emails to one of my aliases that get saved to a certain IMAP directory. Think of it like Notes. However I'd like to avoid saving such messages to Sent.

I tried adding a rule for deleting such messages from Sent, but it doesn't work. These messages aren't received via SMTP, but saved directly by the email client via IMAP.

Can those Sieve rules apply to messages saved by the email client via IMAP?

Can I prevent the saving of certain messages in Sent via a rule?

Thanks,
alex_ndc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Jan 2019, 07:58 PM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

In the IOS Mail app, you can override the Sent Mailbox settings (start at Account -> Advanced). As I recall, you cannot suppress saving a copy automatically, but can (for instance) send the copy to Trash or the desired IMAP folder.

I looked briefly at MailMate some time ago, but do not recall its handling of Mailbox preferences. Something in the back of my mind says that one of the reasons I did not evaluate it further was that it is inflexible in Mailbox management. Perhaps, someone else can help you with this.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote