EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 22 Aug 2014, 11:22 PM   #1
Veeee

Unable to add PolarisMail account to mobile device

I'm unable to add a PolarisMail account to my phone. I get error messages of "unable to open connection to server," "this server requires security features your phone does not support" and "username or password incorrect." Tried on a couple different Android phones and an iPhone with no success.

Using the instructions provided by Polaris: http://wiki.polarismail.com/display/...Android+device It says to leave the domain field blank, but I'm unable to proceed/click next unless it's filled out. Other sites instruct that if the field is entitled "Domain/Username" to instead enter \youremailaddress, but still no luck.

I've called PolarisMail tech support, but keep getting a voicemail and have submitted a request for a call back on their website. Their online chat feature is never manned.

Anyone have similar issues?
Veeee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Aug 2014, 04:03 AM   #2
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Seems to work fine on my iPhone. I set up the Polarismail account as an Exchange account.
Server: polarismail--net.emailarray.com
Domain: domain--com.emailarray.com
SSL
Username: username@domainname.tld [your own account username]
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2014, 05:08 AM   #3
Veeee

After entering my email address and password, the only form fields I have are Domain/Username, Password and Server and also a check box for SSL. I have a unique domain name and entered the server url as generated by the link in Polaris' instructions, so I'm confident that is correct. I don't have separate fields for domain and username, and my phone won't let me leave this field blank like Polaris' wiki instructions indicate should be done. My phone automatically fills the Domain/Username field with \first.last (first half of my email address provided), but among other things I also tried entering the whole email address. I have a feeling my issue is with this.

Thank you for trying to help!
Old 23 Aug 2014, 05:24 AM   #4
Veeee

George just called me and and now I'm up and running. Thank you!!
Old 23 Aug 2014, 05:38 AM   #5
William9
The "e" in e-mail

What was the solution?
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2014, 05:51 AM   #6
Veeee

The issue was not with the domain/username field, it was with me following instructions for an enhanced account when I have a basic. I needed to select IMAP rather than Exchange and use imap.emailarray.com as the server.