EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 25 Sep 2004, 04:36 PM   #46
davidbstanley
Cornerstone of the Community

I would like to add to the list "Increase email attachment size limit". This is different from the upload limit, because the 10MB limit for attachments is set at the SMTP server (I believe). The upload limit is a technical issue with the way large files are uploaded from a browser.
davidbstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2004, 12:01 AM   #48
anotherJeremy
Essential Contributor

Hi Kander, Could you start another thread to let us know when the poll has officially begun? I'd rather not have to keep checking here. Thanks.
anotherJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2004, 12:07 AM   #49
kander
The "e" in e-mail

Prognathous: Will add em in a moment (or two). For some reason I feel stuff like original X-Delivered-To should be worded a bit more newbie-friendly to actually make clear what 'it can do for me'...

AnotherJeremy: Yeah, that was the idea.

--K
kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2004, 03:39 AM   #50
WelshGareth

whitelist Challenge/Response spam option

whitelist Challenge/Response spam option

Hi K, Nice idea setting this up.

Am I too late to add a new request?

This is a feature request I raised (in this thread http://www.emaildiscussions.com/...threadid=20666) a good while back which seemed to have some support.

It's now 6 months l8r and I'm looking again for a c/r based system which forwards only those on my whitelist through to my fastmail account. I'm letting my initial Port995.com subscription lapse as updating the whitelist is a VERY slow and not user-friendly process. I would have preferred to be able to do all this without using a third party i.e. all from within fastmail. Maybe by next time round.

In the meantime, it's great to see WebDEV is being developed as we speak. I'll find that EXTREMELY useful.

I don't write that often but often check in. Thanks to all at fastmail and to all who contribute here too.

Gareth
WelshGareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2004, 05:48 AM   #51
kander
The "e" in e-mail

Hey Gareth, sure it was in time I'll add it to the list in a few parsecs.

From now on I will take no more suggestions, a new thread will be started announcing the poll.

Edit: Thread started. I also took the liberty of sending out a single mail to everyone who voted on the Prototype to let them know they'll have to vote again now that the poll is running for real.

--K

Last edited by kander : 28 Sep 2004 at 06:12 AM.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 12:08 PM   #52
mklose

Autopurging folders

This is my #1 feature which I need :-)

Either by age or maximum # of messages.

I would love an autopurging trash and spam folder, and also all those mailing lists I subscribe to.
mklose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2004, 04:20 AM   #53
seaweed
= Permanently banned =

One thing that would be very useful would be mail tracking at the moment i use free.fr But i got the account as a client. and in France email accouts just STOP without always any warning
So another account with tracking would be good

seaweed
seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2006, 10:42 PM   #54
mvpittman
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by kander
Hey, it's not my idea I just happened to notice it come up a lot. I don't think this is Usenet, but Newsfeeds (RSS), though, now that you mention it... On second thought: I think that people DID want a Newsgroups reader with Fastmail, the idea being that most mailclients can do it, so why not the webinterface?

--K
Old thread, I know... Just doing my due diligence of finding out how many times RSS has been requested.
mvpittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2006, 02:56 AM   #55
BinaryTB
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by davidbstanley
I would like to add to the list "Increase email attachment size limit". This is different from the upload limit, because the 10MB limit for attachments is set at the SMTP server (I believe). The upload limit is a technical issue with the way large files are uploaded from a browser.
The attachment size is already 30MB for Full and 50MB for Enhanced accounts.
BinaryTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2006, 07:47 AM   #56
Chipper
Master of the @

Perhaps someone could re-do a survey to get an updated "hierarchy" of requests? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2006, 11:43 AM   #57
snsh

better search, and adjustment of pricing/tiers/options
snsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2006, 09:43 AM   #58
the bishop

Dreamhost has a place where they have a huge list of suggestions and you can vote for/against things and you have a set amount of points to vote with -- that would show which is most important to those that are paying customers ... ?
the bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2006, 06:56 PM   #59
kander
The "e" in e-mail

I'd be happy to run a second poll. A new thread taking suggestions for entries will be opened in a few minutes. Suggestions on how to improve the previous poll are welcome too.

--K
Old 27 Apr 2006, 01:19 AM   #60
Misha

I am confused: Has this poll already happened? Where is it?
Misha is offline   Reply With Quote