EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > The Technical Zone...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Technical Zone... The Geeky forum... Use this forum to discuss technical aspects of email, from authentication protocols to encryption.

Old 25 May 2020, 10:18 PM   #16
bobbyb

Quote:
Looking back through this thread I think it comes down to this. You are not entering the correct Gmail password that matches up with the Gmail address. Because you had 2FA enabled on Gmail, the password entered in Outlook 2010 was an "app password," not the regular Gmail password.
You were absolutely spot on. It all came down to this really. I was getting confused because of different passwords to connect the mail program and the actual password for the gmail account.

I created a gmail account for myself, and used that as the email address to send the recovery e-mail to from my dads computer. After the "account recovery team" had reviewed the request, I was able to log in and change the password to recover the account. Once I did this, I was able to go into the mail program and put in the IMAP settings and everything went back to working.

I just wanted to put a detailed conclusion here in case anyone has a similar problem in the future and can find the answer.

You should have seen my dads face. He was so happy.

Thank you for taking the time to help with this. I hope you have a great day.
bobbyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 06:37 AM   #17
TenFour
Master of the @

Great! Good to hear.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote