EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 29 May 2004, 11:53 AM   #1
sumsengkia

Yahoo! type of Calendar

Hi,

I was wondering whether will fastmail.fm be giving users and subscribers Yahoo! type of Calendar?

Regards.
sumsengkia is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 May 2004, 06:28 PM   #2
gdg

That would be most appreciated if they did!
gdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2004, 09:55 AM   #3
gdg

Quote:
Originally posted by Rufus
The only reason I don't go with mailsnare which has all the 'you-beaut' features such as HTML, calendar and storage is that FM is fast and is far more intuitive than MS. Otherwise I'd be over there full time.... For FM to survive they need to get their act together. How long is a piece of string... that's how long things seem to take to be implimented with FM.
Yeah...I know what you mean about MS...I did a trial with them, and it looked like there was alot of potential, but it seemed to go slower, and every feature didn't work the way I hoped, etc. From what I've heard, it is much better now than even a few months ago...so maybe I'll give it another trial.
Old 31 May 2004, 09:06 PM   #4
Rufus

Quote:
Originally posted by gdgrph
Yeah...I know what you mean about MS...I did a trial with them, and it looked like there was alot of potential, but it seemed to go slower, and every feature didn't work the way I hoped, etc. From what I've heard, it is much better now than even a few months ago...so maybe I'll give it another trial.
Well I've cleaned up my inflammatory posts and vow to be kind to those who labour long and hard for our desired wishes. May you be given strength and wisdom in your endevours to fill people's wish lists.
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jun 2004, 05:57 AM   #5
gdg

Quote:
Originally posted by Rufus
Well I've cleaned up my inflammatory posts and vow to be kind to those who labour long and hard for our desired wishes. May you be given strength and wisdom in your endevours to fill people's wish lists.
I'm not really sure what that has to do with the quote from my post...but that's a noble goal!
Old 1 Jun 2004, 10:52 PM   #6
Chipper
Master of the @

Quote:
Did you try accessing MS with this site?
http://nossl.mailsnare.net
It's faster than www.mailsnare.net

FM has everything I need with two exceptions:
1) Full featured mailbox (which is coming soon).
2) Calendar (? -- coming enhancements says that scheduled reminders by e-mail is forthcoming -- not sure if this means we will have a calendar)
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jun 2004, 11:57 PM   #7
gdg

Quote:
Originally posted by Chipper

2) Calendar (? -- coming enhancements says that scheduled reminders by e-mail is forthcoming -- not sure if this means we will have a calendar)
Well, I do prefer to use SSL if it is available...why not? It should not be faster without using SSL.

Did you mean full featured mailbox or address book?
Old 2 Jun 2004, 12:24 AM   #8
Chipper
Master of the @

Quote:
Well, I do prefer to use SSL if it is available...why not? It should not be faster without using SSL.

Did you mean full featured mailbox or address book?
Not sure if it the phone service in my area (I'm working with a dial-up). The nossl connection is definitely quicker for me.

Oops! I meant to say full featured address book -- didn't mean to confuse things here.
Old 2 Jun 2004, 09:03 AM   #9
gdg

Quote:
Not sure if it the phone service in my area (I'm working with a dial-up). The nossl connection is definitely quicker for me.

Oops! I meant to say full featured address book -- didn't mean to confuse things here.
I have to wholeheartedly agree as far as the address book...FM is definitely lacking in that area, though they are definitely one of the best email providers otherwise!
Old 2 Jun 2004, 11:31 AM   #10
Chipper
Master of the @

Just as an FYI, as noted in this thread, a release date for the expanded address book is still pending.
Old 3 Jun 2004, 01:57 AM   #11
gdg

Yeah...I hope it gets released soon.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 11:16 AM   #12
sumsengkia

Quote:

Maybe fastmail can have something like what MS do. ;-)
The RSS news feed although not important look cool to me.

Calendar/Task is the most important thing though.

Regards.
sumsengkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2004, 02:49 PM   #13
dngirl

Quote:
Originally posted by sumsengkia
Maybe fastmail can have something like what MS do. ;-)
The RSS news feed although not important look cool to me.

Calendar/Task is the most important thing though.

Regards.
If FM adds Calendar, RSS and Tasks, I might consider signing up for an Enhanced account again. I have just recently switched to MailSnare.Net. But I still like the FM interface better.

DNGirl
dngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2004, 05:06 PM   #14
gdg

...Or you may decide to check out the new Yahoo mail - 100mb for free, 2gb and no ads for $20/yr.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 10:38 PM   #15
greenplum
Essential Contributor

Quote:
...Or you may decide to check out the new Yahoo mail - 100mb for free, 2gb and no ads for $20/yr.
Yahoo of course doesn't have all the features of dedicated mail services like Fastmail, Mailsnare or Runbox etc but certainly has given Hotmail (2MB free) and similar products something to think about with the latest storage levels
greenplum is offline   Reply With Quote