EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 21 Feb 2008, 01:53 AM   #1
alistair234

extra file starage space

hi, I been a loyal paid member of Runbox since Sun, 29 Oct 2006 and I’m very quite angry at runbox, the other day I ordered 2 extra gb of file storage on top of my existing 1gb which was fine, and today I put money on my key card, as I was going to order a further 1gb today meaning I would have 4gb altogether for my music collection to upload to. So I logged into runbox account and click on Account section, ready to buy further 1gb of file storage and noticed on the "Add-on Products" the I had to renew my file storage space every year. the file storage cost a lot in the first place and I’ve just found out I would need to renew each year the whole 3gb, I though that I would own the space out rite and not have to renew each year. I’m really considering cancelling my runbox account altogether now because of this
alistair234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21 Feb 2008, 02:49 AM   #2
filtered

It's just one opinion but I think paying for a service once and expecting to have it forever is unrealistic.
filtered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 02:54 AM   #3
alistair234

Quote:
Originally Posted by filtered View Post
It's just one opinion but I think paying for a service once and expecting to have it forever is unrealistic.
well, that the way fastmail.fm work, you pay a one time only fee
alistair234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 04:06 AM   #4
marc_otten
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistair234 View Post
well, that the way fastmail.fm work, you pay a one time only fee
That might be the way Fastmail works. Runbox, however, works different. See this page of the Runbox general information.

Quote:
Account Add-ons (for 1 year)
  • Email domains: USD 4.95 - EUR 3.95 each
  • Email aliases: USD 0.95 - EUR 0.95 each
  • Sub-accounts: USD 19.95 - EUR 14.95 each
  • Extra Files space: USD 29.95 - EUR 24.95 per 1 GB (for 1 year)
  • Norman Anti-virus for Windows/Linux: USD 29.95 - EUR 24.95
  • Recovery of email from backup: USD 9.95 - EUR 9.95 (per incident)
marc_otten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2008, 04:58 AM   #5
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by alistair234 View Post
hi, I been a loyal paid member of Runbox since Sun, 29 Oct 2006 and I’m very quite angry at runbox, the other day I ordered 2 extra gb of file storage on top of my existing 1gb which was fine, and today I put money on my key card, as I was going to order a further 1gb today meaning I would have 4gb altogether for my music collection to upload to. So I logged into runbox account and click on Account section, ready to buy further 1gb of file storage and noticed on the "Add-on Products" the I had to renew my file storage space every year. the file storage cost a lot in the first place and I’ve just found out I would need to renew each year the whole 3gb, I though that I would own the space out rite and not have to renew each year. I’m really considering cancelling my runbox account altogether now because of this
Hi alistair234,

If you wish to cancel the extra storage space just contact BILLING-at-RUNBOX-dot-COM and explain you didn't realize there it was an annual charge when you signed up for the extra storage. Since you just ordered it recently I don't think there will be any problem with refunding the charge.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2008, 12:48 AM   #6
mdembski

Fastmail

Fastmail charges a one time fee of 24.95 for 100 meg. Runbox is 24.95 1 gig, so it would take you 10 years to recover the cost of a gig of online storage.
mdembski is offline   Reply With Quote