EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 16 Aug 2004, 03:39 AM   #16
CML209
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ReuvenNY
No thread on that subject have been deleted. Actually, no threads are deleted. They are merged with similar threads. Sorry, but the paranoia here is unjustified
If that is the case, I will search for my posts. However, posts have been deleted. I watched that overnight as it happened, and one of the deleted posts was not rude. Just factual. And NOT mine.
CMLane
PS. You're right. I found it. The thread was started as a separate thread to not interfere with the techcrud that even I don't 'get.' Posts(a few) still missing.
CML209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2004, 03:43 AM   #17
CML209
Essential Contributor

All I ask

is that FM address some customer care, not customer tech.
And again, this is NOT a promo for other services, but even the almighty machine of yahoo does customer care.
Meaning, at this point, I do not want answers. Just service or recompense.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 03:58 AM   #18
ReuvenNY

Quote:
Originally posted by CML209
... In another thread someoen posted a log timeline, showing how the 5 minute outage turned into 3.5 hours. That post is gone....
...When I have questioned missing emails, I get moderators saying they don't believe me and that never happens.
FM needs to see the posts, good and bad. None of mine are nasty. They range from being supportive to terse, but never totally rude, save in the case of the moderator implying that I was a liar.
CMLane
Knowing what is going on behind the scenes, I can categorically denounce your assertions that there is a “big brother” ala 1984 doing some “mysterious disappearance” acts. You are just flat wrong.

Also, when you say "moderators " you are generalizing. You should mention specific names, as "moderators" is not a like minded group that thinks and act the same way.
I remember at one point you had an exchange with shelded. He may have questioned your statements. In the same thread I voiced my own opinion and experience, stating that some of my Fastmail mail was missing too.
If you want to sound credible, avoid using vague generalizations. Mysteriousness will lead you nowhere.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2004, 04:08 AM   #19
CML209
Essential Contributor

You got the right one. I voiced it generally so as not to stir it up anymore. Thanks for rememebering. Please note. I tried NOT to bring up names out of politeness.
The 1984 reference was tongue in cheek as I have had 4 hours sleep thanks to FM.
As to the missing post that I can swear is gone, it was a timeline, basically pointing out in FM's own words.
Something like (using my times)
Midnight. We'll be down five minutes.
1 Am, it'll take an hour and a half
2 AM, with the rate of resoration.... yadda yadda.
2:30 It will be up in an hour and a half

Now, please don't hold me to these words. That was the general tone of the post, using FM's own words. They served a point to show how ridiculous this looks to a customer who had their whole evening shot waiting to reply to a lover.
BINGO!!! Now you know why I am upset!
As to credibility, you can have my phone number if you want. I back up everything I say. I just TRIED to be polite.
CMLane
P.S. My request for customer care is ongoing now. I usually let sleeping dogs lie after a while, but I have invested a whole year into FM and trusted them to handle my email. It will take customer care to restore that. Not explanations.
P.S.S Had this not been the MOTHEROFALLBLOWOUTS I might be more forgiving.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 05:16 AM   #20
Jack

Things that Make You Go "Hmm"

Anyone else find it amusing that this latest four-hour downtime came just a day after the one year anniversary of the New York City black-out that shut FastMail down for a day?
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2004, 05:25 AM   #21
CML209
Essential Contributor

Re: Things that Make You Go "Hmm"

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack
Anyone else find it amusing that this latest four-hour downtime came just a day after the one year anniversary of the New York City black-out that shut FastMail down for a day?
In that I had no email problems that day it's a gas!!! Figure. I don't think FM was down all over the place.
CMLane
Old 16 Aug 2004, 05:47 AM   #22
ROBERT.BAK
Essential Contributor

A "cover up" is probably not possible, and definitely not feasible, as nobody has both management status at FM and moderator status in the FM (or other provider-specific) forums...
ROBERT.BAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2004, 05:56 AM   #23
CML209
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ROBERT.BAK
A "cover up" is probably not possible, and definitely not feasible, as nobody has both management status at FM and moderator status in the FM (or other provider-specific) forums...
We need to get over the cover up thing. Posts are still missing, and if I wanted to build a case for coverups, I could probably convict Michael Moore of assasinating JFK, though he was probably still pooping diapers at the time.
Beyond conspiracies. It's all Customer care. Customer care. Customer care.
No need to respond though. I'll let my account slip into a freebie, giving me time to complete transferring straggling contacts as they come in.
Maybe after some time I'll re-up, but not without service.
CML
P.S. I really like the guys that work hard to get things fixed and respond in here. I just happen to like my email working right a little more; okay, a lot.

Last edited by CML209 : 16 Aug 2004 at 06:08 AM.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 07:02 AM   #24
bitequator
The "e" in e-mail

Heh I remember the professors always teaching us about ways to prevent thread deadlocks (I can't even imagine the complexities involved here)...

As to timeline posts I seem to recall something by FMRocks, which he subsequently deleted himself (I assume)...
bitequator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2004, 07:05 AM   #25
CML209
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by bitequator
Heh I remember the professors always teaching us about ways to prevent thread deadlocks (I can't even imagine the complexities involved here)...

As to timeline posts I seem to recall something by FMRocks, which he subsequently deleted himself (I assume)...
Assume? The conspiracy marches on.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 07:19 AM   #26
ReuvenNY

This thread is about specific issues - Outage and Kernel problems. We have all strayed from that topic. Let's conclude the conspiracy discussion here and return to the topic.
If there are any further opinions on conspiracy, please start another thread.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2004, 07:54 AM   #27
CML209
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ReuvenNY
This thread is about specific issues - Outage and Kernel problems. We have all strayed from that topic. Let's conclude the conspiracy discussion here and return to the topic.
If there are any further opinions on conspiracy, please start another thread.
A separate thread HAD been started by me and merged into a thread that was totally different. I asked to end the conspiracy stuff too, hoping to talk about customer service. Now, should I start another thread, what are the chances it gets merged anyway? Not sure it matters. Threads forever go off topic.
Since this IS a HELP forum, then please direct me to the proper place to post CUSTOMER SERVICE issues. Help seems as good as any.
It's amazing that the overall tone of my posts has been to ask about some true CUSTOMER SERVICE, yet everyone keeps hitting on the tongue and cheek comments.
Anyway, I have asked too many times with no HELP. It is apparent that HELP will NOT happen.
Now if anyone wants to comment, please see the CAPPED words for the talking points.
Regretfully, but not respectfully,
CMLane
<Famous last words> Trying to get to the heart of things here is like a cyclical redundancy error. The questions are never answered. The answers lead to things like separate threads, when separate threads are merged. No attention from FM, which may be a good thing, considering the friends I am making today. This forum and downtime has cost FM an enhanced customer. FM is free to contact me by email if they want to to resolve my dissatisfaction, though most of it is how things are handled here, which, though I am told moderators are not FM personel, it appears one is.
< Jeremy Howard

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM >

Yadda yadda. Sorry for wasting your time, but I wasted my time too, as well as money.

Last edited by CML209 : 16 Aug 2004 at 08:27 AM.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 11:05 AM   #28
kchess79
Master of the @

Jeremy is a moderator, but he doesn't moderate the FM threads.
kchess79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2004, 02:45 PM   #29
dzh

Quote:
Originally posted by kchess79
Jeremy is a moderator, but he doesn't moderate the FM threads.
You can see where the confusion arises. If I were JH I would not allow the appearance of impropriety to continue. (Of course I wouldn't have taken so long to announce inevitable storage increases which irritated many customers unnecessarily and would have long ago introduced redundant and mirrored databases....)
dzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2004, 03:31 PM   #30
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

CML209,

The post you mention, the one detailing what FM had said from time to time, I cannot indeed find. However, that doesn't necessarity mean that an EMD mod deleted it. It is entirely possible the author him/herself deleted it (I don't remember who posted it). We should not be going around accusing moderators of doing something we are not sure that they have.

Also remember that moderators do not always speak in their official capacity as a moderator. They do and are allowed to have their personal views on email and email services, as well as their own experiences. Just because someone who contradicts your experience happens to have a "moderator" under their name does not mean they are trying to use that status to intimidate you.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote