EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 21 Dec 2019, 02:45 AM   #1
genegold99

Got the newsletter -- some thoughts

I came across the newsletter first while on my iPad Mini in Fastmail, the web site that is. A couple of things struck me about it. First, I'm sure the new features help many people, but what I can't tell for someone who uses it as a basic webmail program when working from a tablet, what is the difference between the app and the website versions? I used to have the app and, but like so many sites that have apps, found it less functional than the browser version and so deleted it. Loading the app again today, it now looks virtually identical with the other. I can see that as good news, depending on one's preferences. Mine is to work within the browser, which allows working within one window and with the tab permanently up, unless there's a significant reason to do otherwise.

At the same time, I noticed two things missing with both. For support, is there a link to this forum? I couldn't find one, and had to switch to my desktop pc. I would think that short of opening a ticket, this forum would be put forward as a channel of support.

The other thing I miss, which if I recall correctly was removed not too long ago, is a spam thumbnail at the bottom (or top) of the page. In my use at least, there's just enough spam that having to use the Move To menu seems like an unnecessary extra step. Thanks,
genegold99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21 Dec 2019, 03:24 AM   #2
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

There is no link to this forum in either the web UI or the Android app. I can't say for sure that there is no link in the Apple app as I don't use it or know anybody that does. I'm sure there isn't though. This forum isn't an official support channel for the Fastmail service.

In the Android app and the web UI, when a message is selected or being read, the spam action is available from the 'more' menu (three dots in the app, 'More' in the UI).

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2019, 03:43 AM   #3
genegold99

I didn't realize this forum is off-the-books. Too bad, because it allows a more open process, other people to "vote" yeah or nay or offer an alternative. But it's better than nothing, as your reply proves. I'm on my desktop now, but I see there are other choices than opening a ticket, but they all assume one is reporting on a problem ("What's the Problem" field).

And yes, "more" and "move to" require the same action. I'd like to see that intermediate step eliminated, even if it's to give two choices under "Spam" -- move and report. My recollection was that it used to be on the main screen. Thanks,
genegold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2019, 03:48 AM   #4
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

I too believe it (the 'spam' button) used to be more readily available. It's to bad this forum isn't an official support forum, but it is regularly used by Fastmail end-users, and email users in general use the other forums here on EMD.

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2019, 06:50 AM   #5
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

More on how the newsletter is delivered:
https://www.fastmail.com/help/techni...wsletters.html
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote