EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 23 Jan 2023, 02:03 PM   #1
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Fastmail iOS and iPadOS v4.0.1 failure

The new Fastmail iOS and iPadOS v4.0.1 was just rolled out. But after upgrading to this new version both my iPhone and iPad (running latest iOS and iPadOS v16.2) fail to load the Fastmail app. It crashes quickly with no error message. Rebooting and reloading from the Apple Store does not help.

Web access to Fastmail (using a browser on a PC, iPad, and iPhone) is still working fine.

This issue appears to be noted on the Fastmail Status website:
https://www.fastmailstatus.com/

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Jan 2023, 05:22 PM   #2
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
The new Fastmail iOS and iPadOS v4.0.1 was just rolled out. But after upgrading to this new version both my iPhone and iPad (running latest iOS and iPadOS v16.2) fail to load the Fastmail app. It crashes quickly with no error message. Rebooting and reloading from the Apple Store does not help.

Web access to Fastmail (using a browser on a PC, iPad, and iPhone) is still working fine.
FWIW, I don't auto update the my iPhone apps (to allow me to track which apps are being updated and why) but I do see now the FM app is flagged for update to version 4.0.1.

App change info says "fixed an issue where the app was slow to load when 'remember page' is disabled." I believe iOS 16.3 is coming out this week but developers (which I assume means FM too) have been testing on the public betas. Maybe this update is related to that. I would think FM would know long before now whether their fix works in the 16.3 betas. Oh well, maybe it's something else. Probably never know for sure.

Guess I won't be updating the FM app until whatever this is is cleared up. Thanks for the heads up and please post when the problem is fixed.

Update - alternative thought: Maybe they are testing with iOS 16.3 betas and their change only works there and is not backward compatible to 16.2.

Last edited by xyzzy : 23 Jan 2023 at 05:35 PM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2023, 06:46 PM   #3
balaji

Fix is here

Looks like FM has published the update (4.0.2) to fix the crash.
balaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2023, 07:35 PM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Issue resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji View Post
Looks like FM has published the update (4.0.2) to fix the crash.
Yes - the Fastmail app on my iPhone and iPad both now work correctly after upgrading to v4.0.2 and Fastmail responded to my ticket.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2023, 09:09 PM   #5
evfrson

Fastmail obviously thoroughly tested the new version of the app before releasing it.

evfrson is offline   Reply With Quote