EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Aug 2002, 02:28 AM   #1
pipergirl

Thumbs down Fastmail sucks

I just tried to switch from hotmail to fastmail and I'm going right back. At least hotmail works! I tried to send a bulk message to everyone on my e-mail list advising them of the change and ALL the messages came back via mail demon as undelivered. When I tried to e-mail the postmaster at fastmail for help, I got this stock message back saying I had to look in the help files for the answer. Well, I couldn't find it. I don't have time for this crap. I need an e-mail service that works, has a clean interface, and is simple to use. Fastmail doesn't meet any of these needs. If fastmail were truly fast, it would have delivered my messages.

Old 18 Aug 2002, 02:50 AM   #2
psalzer

You can get help here, too. E-mail and personal support is for paid Fastmail accounts, but there are always people who'll help you diagnose a problem here on the forum, including the Fastmail owners. Fastmail does work. It works for lots and lots of us, so there's some reason that this happened, and it's just a matter of finding it. If you don't want to, there's nothing we can do, but I'm sure we'd all love to help you figure it out.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 02:51 AM   #3
Tango
Cornerstone of the Community

Take a few minutes to chill...then come back and we'll try to sort it out with you...trust me, you won't regret it once we get Fastmail to work for you

Last edited by Tango : 18 Aug 2002 at 02:54 AM.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 02:52 AM   #4
Heartz
Essential Contributor

Sorry to hear about your experiences pipergirl. But if you'd provide the specifics on this board or email support, I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 05:54 AM   #5
lux
The "e" in e-mail

I think you exceeded your limit. HOtmail doesn't have one, but Fastmail does...
Old 18 Aug 2002, 08:23 AM   #6
Gankaku

You might need to send your messages in two or three batches. I think there's a limit to the number of people you can send to in one email. This prevents people from using Fastmail for sending spam...it's a really great service. I had my doubts at first too, but now I love it. Please give it a second chance!
Old 18 Aug 2002, 09:54 AM   #7
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Fastmail sucks

Quote:
Originally posted by pipergirl
When I tried to e-mail the postmaster at fastmail for help, I got this stock message back saying I had to look in the help files for the answer.
Please read that message again--it didn't say that. What it did was to provide a pointer to the support ticket system, in which the very first link gives you a way to forward your message directly to FastMail.FM support, as well as providing a help wizard to try to help you answer your own question.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 01:58 PM   #8
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:
I just tried to switch from hotmail to fastmail and I'm going right back.
You switched from the worst email service to the best one and now want to switch back???
Do yourself a favour and give Fastmail another try.
I have some feeling that soon enough you won't regret doing so...
Old 18 Aug 2002, 07:30 PM   #9
reuben
Essential Contributor

call this a hunch, but i get the feeling "pipergirl" was just looking for a place to vent, and as much as the thought irritates me of people just lashing out like that, i must say that i don't think she's checking back here on the forum every few hours to see what everyone said to try to convince her to change her mind. so what i'm saying is, although i think they are in vain, your efforts to persuade her to stick with fastmail.fm are inspiring.

some people just don't deal well w/ new interfaces and new ways of doing old tasks. TEHO (i made up my own acronym, it means "to each his own")
Old 18 Aug 2002, 08:14 PM   #10
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

It probably means "to each *her* own" in this case...

I found the pending support ticket and replied to it anyway. There wasn't much I could do though, because it didn't include any details of error messages. Hopefully I'll get a reply.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 10:53 PM   #11
Ennis

Quote:
I just tried to switch from hotmail to fastmail and I'm going right back. At least hotmail works! I tried to send a bulk message to everyone on my e-mail list advising them of the change and ALL the messages came back via mail demon as undelivered. When I tried to e-mail the postmaster at fastmail for help, I got this stock message back saying I had to look in the help files for the answer. Well, I couldn't find it. I don't have time for this crap. I need an e-mail service that works, has a clean interface, and is simple to use. Fastmail doesn't meet any of these needs. If fastmail were truly fast, it would have delivered my messages.
Comparing Hotmail to FastMail is like comparing a Ford Focus to a Porsche. With all due respect, you seem to have missed what FastMail is all about. It's a complete, end to end mail service. Hotmail is email for people who need mail on the go and who have no real needs other than sending and receiving.

You're pretty angry and I think you should seriously explore FastMail before you write it off, unless it's only about sending and receiving, and you're a transient, in which case you fit the Hotmail profile.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 12:31 AM   #12
psalzer

Back when I was newer to everything involving computers, the web..whatever..I very often decided that things didn't work well because I ran into trouble with them. Eventually I learned that if lots of people were using a thing and thought well of it, it was probably me that was at fault. Many times I revisted a service or piece of software later on and found that once I was ready to take a little time to learn to work with it, it was a wonderful thing. I think that's probably the issue here.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 12:45 AM   #13
Prognathous
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by reuben
some people just don't deal well w/ new interfaces and new ways of doing old tasks. TEHO (i made up my own acronym, it means "to each his own")
Sorry Reuben, but this is a ten-year old acronym (not a very common one though).

First Usenet sighting is here (18/5/1992).

Prog.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 01:55 AM   #14
kevandurb

stupid cow
Old 19 Aug 2002, 02:17 AM   #15
Ennis

Quote:
Originally posted by kevandurb
stupid cow
Well that lowered the level...
Closed Thread