EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 4 Jul 2023, 10:32 PM   #1
RFK
Essential Contributor

Review of memail.com email service

I was looking for email service that supports MS Exchange/ActiveSync protocol (in addition to outlook.com/hotmail.com)

Google pointed to Memail as supporting MS Exchange.

I tried to register free/trial account (as stated on memail.com website) but instead of free account I was asked to pay $10/year (first year as far as I see).

OK, $10/year is not much different from free account and I registered new account.

I connected my phone to memail account using MS Exchange without any issue.

After this I logged in to my account via browser, went to Settings and found that IMAP and SMTP are not supported. WTF??? Their FAQ says that POP, IMAP and SMTP are supported!

I created new acc on the phone with imap.memail.com and smtp.memail.com IMAP/SMTP settings. IMAP worked!

SMTP didn't. Email stayed on Outbox.
After troubleshooting I found that SMTP settings should be changed to "Accept all certificates" to make SMTP working.

It means Memail has some expired certificate!

Now I tried to import contacts and...there is no option of import (and export) contacts!
At this point I decided to stop dealing with Memail. Missing contact export/import is no-go for me.
RFK is offline   Reply With Quote