EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 25 Nov 2003, 01:14 AM   #31
trond
Essential Contributor

Logout problems fixed

OK, logging out should work properly with other browsers than IE now. I've only tried with Mozilla, so please let me know if any of you still have problems.

At the moment, you still have to log in to mail and files separately, but we intend to make use of this new authentication system in mail too, shortly, so that you only have to log in once.
trond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2003, 03:09 AM   #32
BKB
Cornerstone of the Community

Trond,
Works like a gem with Safari v1.1 - no issues.

Thanks,
BKB.
BKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2003, 07:55 AM   #33
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
I can second that.

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2003, 08:35 PM   #34
oysterquartz
The "e" in e-mail

Apple Users,

I'm thinking of switching back! I was a long term apple user Apple 2, 3, Mac, Mac Plus, Mac SE, ... all the way up to 1995 ...

Now OSX 10.3 Jaquar is seducing me

How do you all like OSX and Safari? Anyone using Virtual PC on their Mac?

Liz, have you demo'd .Mac? I know lots of people who've subcribed at $99/year. I think that the functionality (i.e. home pages) is great, and would really look forward to Runbox (hint, hint) allow some of it through the Files interface option of public sharing
oysterquartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2003, 11:52 PM   #35
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Uhm, OS X 10.3 is called Panther.

I tried .mac when it was still free, but didn't use it much. I might go for a trial run again now, but considering I have unlimited free email as a job perk, I am unlikely to pay up...even though a mac.com address would just be da bomb.

I've never tried Virtual PC, I do have Safari of course, but use Netscape 7 as my primary browser and email client.

Liz, who would like a second iBook (G4)
Old 26 Nov 2003, 12:11 AM   #36
oysterquartz
The "e" in e-mail

Who can get all of those big cat references correct Tigers, Lions, Jaquars, etc., etc, ....

The 14 " iBook G4 is quite nice ... maybe you'll find one under the Christmas tree as a Runbox corporate bonus!
oysterquartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2003, 12:18 AM   #37
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Well, I got my current G3 14" iBook from runbox this spring, so that wouldn't be quite fair. Would have to be a gift from me to me, but I might prefer a trip to the US instead, admittedly...

I think they should call the next release Cheetah btw, my favorite Big Cat!

Liz
Old 26 Nov 2003, 01:18 AM   #38
BKB
Cornerstone of the Community

Good to see that the discussion has turned to the merit of Mac - now that's more like it.

Oysterquartz - to answer your first question, I am typing this on my 12" PowerBook G4 1Ghz, w/Panther and Safari connected via Airport Extreme. All I can say is wow!? Like you I was a long term Apple user until I was drawn into the horrible world of PC for 10 years or so. The journey back to apple has been wonderful. Panther is, to my mind, superior to anything Windoze will achieve for years to come (has anyone heard of Loghorn?!). And the speed at which they are improving it is impressive. 4 updates in 3 years - not bad! The latest edition features some really killer apps, including Expose, which I just can't stop fooling around with, File Vault (for the security conscious), new Mail, Font Book, new Finder, etc...

I am not using Virtual PC for Mac but from people whoI know use it, it is excellent. If you need more information, http://forums.macnn.com/ is a great set of forums, check it out...

About .mac - i was recently gifted a one year subscription, so yes - I am using it. It is pretty cool - no doubt - mainly because it is so well integrated into the OS X , but a little bit expensive. Plus, one of the main features is a .mac email account, but I've been a runbox user for a year now, and have no intention of dropping it. The public access to iDisk is a nifty feature, but only if you need it - I don't. Any since there are hardly any viruses on the mac, i don't see how the addition of McAfee's Virex will do me any good, but hey - who's complaining.

And finally, Safari. I am most impressed with the speed of it - really something. Not sure why you'd want to use IE (which comes with OS X) or Netscape, but i'm sure there are some technical reasons for doing so. All I can say is try it out, it's fantastic.

Liz - I agree, the new iBooks are pretty nice. I had the chance to check them out at the Mac Store. They're getting a little bit too close to the PowerBook range in terms of features though . And don't mean to correct you on your own turf but Cheetah was 10.0, followed by Puma (10.1), Jaguar (10.2) and now Panther (10.3). I believe the next one is going to be one of: Lynx, Cougar, Leopard, and Tiger. This link explains all:

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/...24025054.shtml

Thanks,
BKB.

Last edited by BKB : 26 Nov 2003 at 04:11 AM.
BKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2003, 10:06 PM   #39
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
A small summary/update of fixed bugs:

- Copy/rename/move/upload onto self is no longer possible
- Logout works in all browsers
- Rename works in all browsers
- Pressing Enter key in a file input field after clicking Rename will "click" the Save link/button
- No JavaScript error when dropping files onto folders

Remaining (known) bugs:

- Renaming/moving non-existant files will rename the user's root folder, causing all items to disappear from web interface (don't ask us how you do this)
- Disallow slashes in filename (merely a visual issue)
- Renaming file with " in name displays chopped name

Keep testing and giving us feedback.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2003, 05:33 AM   #40
Raymond

Very nice interface, Very Nice. Good work.

When can we expect to see a that interface, in Runbox Mail ?

Great Job guys.
Keep it up.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2003, 06:13 PM   #41
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
We will link to it from the webmail once we're done bugfixing it.

Liz
Old 27 Nov 2003, 07:40 PM   #42
COUME
Master of the @

Hello Liz,

Will the save of attachements directly to the files-interface come at the same time, or later on??

Cheers,
Ludo
COUME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2003, 08:41 PM   #43
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
A little bit later on.

Liz
Old 27 Nov 2003, 11:10 PM   #44
kpuru

Cool Brilliant and Congrats

Hey WOW... logged in to the forum today and found a neat surprise... I think RunBox should email users about these changes... Its so difficult to know otherwise...

A very neat interface... for the Files.

1. A collapse / expand all sub-folders script should be easy to put.

2. icons based on the type of file. This will require a library of icons with file extensions but should not be difficult for the basic file types... Document, Text file, Spread sheet, Presentation, image etc.

3. An column with a "file type" would be great. As in Zip, text, etc. So we can sort files accordingly.

4. Obviously, Sharing / Public Folders would be a great idea but I guess this would take more time than smaller tweaks.

5. I had read somewhere that full integration with email is on the cards is coming up.. but just putting up here as a reminder... And will it be possible to give us options as to which folder to save the attachments to instead of a standard "Mail Attachments" folder? That would be better I guess. Secondly, Can we have a sort of "Move" attachments to Files also, instead of just "Copy"?

6. Ofcourse, A virus scan for the files that are present in the folder. This would be of great use. Sort of making sure that what we upload has no virus.

7. If possible, calculating the size of the folders as well...

8. Ok, this is only when you guys are thinking of advanced features. A sort of online Zip / Unzip facility. A user selects a folder "ABC" and all the files in the folder are Zipped and either emailed or downloaded. This is damn neat. Am i right? Maybe, we can also have uploading of a Zip file in a folder which is then unzipped in individual files. One benefit is that it saves bandwidth while uploading / downloading.

9. Again an advanced feature --> Suppose I have a folder "Temp/other". So if I send an email with an attachment to "user".files.temp.other@runbox.com, a copy of the attachment gets saved in the folder itself and a copy of the email goes to my inbox. Again, not very necessary but great if I just want to send and store files.

Will come up with More Suggestions for you guys....

puru
-----
The Best things in this world started with "Why Not" and Not with "Why".
-----
kpuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2003, 09:09 AM   #45
roranihon

Hello,

First message on this forum, I just want to add my little contribution about the Files Interface.

I think it would be great if there is a "UP" link on the top of the list of files (in order to go up on the tree). Maybe near "Refresh" as there is the "Inbox" or "Sent" in the Webmail, but this time a label as "Home" or "Folder 1" etc... depend of where we are in the tree.

And instead of the Homedir on the side, if we want to see all the folders, we click on "Folders" as same as the webmail.

Last things is that where it is written : "Files: /Folder1/Folder2/" I think it should be link activated... I mean that we can click on a folder name in order to go there. Soemthink like "Files : Home/Folder 1/Folder 2/"

It is just Idea, and sorry for my poor english... It is long time I did not speak it, so I forget a lot

// And for the Files public sharring, take a look at Iomega istorage (Files Sharring) http://www.iomega.com/istorage/ . We can create a temporary login and password in order a people can get the files, and this login and password is automatically send by email with a link to the file we want to share. And after 15 days the acces is deleted... Maybe a good idea.

Last edited by roranihon : 30 Nov 2003 at 09:13 AM.
roranihon is offline   Reply With Quote