EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 22 Feb 2014, 10:05 PM   #16
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSergei View Post
Point taken. But I have a question for you: Is it not provocative when people raise serious issues about a service that has quite clearly gone awry for some when one person calls the very service "excellent" in the face of these statements from others, and says he is willing "to pretend" the glitches didn't happen? Safe-mail.net is very clearly causing problems for a significant segment of their customers. Do you find it constructive when one person contradicts all the other posts by saying safe-mail. net is excellent? Furthermore, who on earth cares if they're in Israel, or the US or in Russia? I find his statements off-the-point and wilfully irrelevant. I found this blog by searching "safe-mail.net problems", and I came here for a solution. Insisting something is "good" when it obviously isn't good for some, is counterproductive. If that's a personal attack, go ahead and ban me. It's your blog, you can cut out whomever you wish.
Wow, calm down If you are entitled to out your disappointment with Safe Mail, am I not allowed to say I personally do love their service? You write as if I would praise Safe Mail here purely to contradict you and provocate. If you browse my earlier posts you will see that I have defended Safe Mail for years here on the forum. Way before you became a member. I assume you would see that either as provocating those for whom it doesn't work well, or that I would all that time be some representative in disguise for Safe Mail?

Sorry, I am not. I am just a very satisfied user. I don't see how saying that would be provocative to someone who does not like their service. I could easily reverse this and say your comments are insulting to Safe Mail and their users, but why would I do that? People have different opinions on email services, I don't see why I would be provocative by outing mine?

For the record, Polarismail, EUMX, Yandex,, Zoho, ... all have a majority of happy satisfied users here on the forum. So if someone would disagree and not like one of these services, then you would think he's trying to heat up the debate? Could it not simply be that some services are actually good enough that the majority of users (but not all users) like them? Each and every service, including email providers, will have their fans and their dislikers.

PS: the only reason why I mentioned Israel (or to be precise for you: they are in Jerusalem) is because per telephone, I have gotten response from their help team and it was very clear response in very good English. It cost me a call from Belgium to Israel yes, but I got the answer I needed. Per email they are not Always that fast, so maybe you could consider a single call to Israel too in order to talk to their staff per telephone? Not sure what the rates of calling Israel are from your location, but it's not like calling an isolated Phone booth on some remote atoll ... If answered in Hebrew, say "Shalom. Ata medaber Anglit?" which means "Hello. Do you speak English?". Likely you will be helped very well, unless I was Lucky to get an instant reply but I really could not complain about their helpdesk. Unless the costs of calling Israel is a hassle, but how "too expensive" can a single call abroad be?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2014, 10:09 AM   #17
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

A satisfied Safe-Mail user here.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2014, 12:47 PM   #18
Shelded

safe-email.net says

Quote:
Attention: All users should be online now - thank you for your patience.
Checks will continue today and tomorrow (February 23-24, 2014) and some short interruptions might occur.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
Would be nice if they explained but maybe that's forthcoming. Geeks tend to focus on the essentials of fixing problems rather than communicating timelines and excuses. What if, for instance, they had a RAID failure and had to restore from backups as Fastmail did a few years back. Restoring the paying customers first would make some sense.
Shelded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2014, 09:49 AM   #19
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
As long as no stored emails will be lost from my account, I'm happily forgiving them the first bug I experienced in 7 years of being a satisfied user. Still my nr 1 service
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote