EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 20 Mar 2003, 06:22 PM   #1

Red face Bad movies!

Well I am bored, so I thought I would start this thread. Which movies are some of the worst you have seen??

I have a few, the first being the brady bunch movie. With quotes like
"hehehehe OH alice"
"marsha did it again, marsha, marsha, marsha"
"Well hey there groovy chick, your really happening in a far out way"
"oh mike, when! oh mike, how! Oh mike, why!"
Spose its funny in a way, that it payes out on the brady bunch.

Another bad movie was a friday the 13th I saw. I don't remember which one it was, cause it was a while ago. Basically the first half of the movie, I thought they were doing a send up of a really, really bad horror movie. Then I realised they weren't. The typical chick tripping over, the group all splitting up and bad movie effects.

Also Playing John Malcovich, was just plain weird, I didn't get it at all.

Loved the first blair witch, the second though, uh, wasn't the best.

Well feel free to ad any movies you thought were really bad.

Dan.

Old 20 Mar 2003, 08:08 PM   #2
kinetic
Essential Contributor

Well "Scary Movie" was pretty awful I think. The latest bond movie was ridiculous to say the least. But I seem to remember more good movies than bad ones. Some of the good ones I have seen recently are

The Transporter - dont miss this
Snatch
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Shawshank Redemption
Mulholland Drive
Femme Fatale
kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2003, 08:50 PM   #3
Gankaku

I think the worst movie I ever saw was this Bruce Willis western. I can't even remember what it was called. I read a review somewhere where someone actually liked it! (well sorry if there's anyone on this forum that liked that movie, but in my book it was the worst.)

Beside all the typical good ones that everyone likes (Star Wars, LOTR, etc.), one of the funniest ones I saw was Sandra Bullock's "Miss Congeniality". She's fast become one of my favorite actresses. I also heard "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" was hysterical. I haven't seen it but want to.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2003, 04:37 PM   #4

I liked Sandra in 28 days.
Old 22 Mar 2003, 06:44 PM   #5
munchkin

I thought Starship Troopers, Pearl Harbor and Daredevil were real bad. Ben Affleck was beyond bad.
munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2003, 06:50 PM   #6
Shazzer
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by munchkin
I thought Starship Troopers, Pearl Harbor and Daredevil were real bad. Ben Affleck was beyond bad.
Ben Affleck is always bad because...well, he always plays Ben Affleck. IMO he hasn't done anything decent since "Chasing Amy" and I can barely remember him in anything before that.
Shazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2003, 05:47 AM   #7
fastashell
Essential Contributor

It's a little difficult to list what i think are the worst movies of all time, I've seen so many and I tend to, (thankfully), forget most of them. There are a couple though that stick in my mind as being particularly bad, mostly because I like good science fiction and these were particularly bad examples.

Battlestar Galactica. From the 70s or 80s, can't remember exactly, but it was bad!

Black Hole. A Disney effort at sci fi. Horrible is about the best thing I can say about it.

Independence Day. This one would have to come close to the worst movie of all time I think. I can only assume it was made by a bunch of not too bright 10 year olds and accidentally released.
fastashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2003, 06:21 AM   #8
Drencrom
Master of the @

"Solaris", recently shot by Soderbergh is the worst piece of crap I have seen for the last couple of years. Especially in comparison with Stanislaw Lem's fantastic novel (1961) and great film by Andrei Tarkovsky (1972).
Drencrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2003, 06:22 AM   #9
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

Favorites: The Ring, Signs.
Worst: Blair Witch 1 and 2.

Spin
Spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2003, 06:50 AM   #10
Adrian Bell
Cornerstone of the Community

"Eraserhead" - Utter rubbish from start to finish.
Adrian Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2003, 07:32 AM   #11
mklose
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally posted by fastashell
ar Galactica. From the 70s or 80s, can't remember exactly, but it was bad!
I loved it!!!! ;-)

They're actually doing a remake, but either Starbucks or Apollo, one of the two is going to be a girl.

Quote:
Independence Day. This one would have to come close to the worst movie of all time I think. I can only assume it was made by a bunch of not too bright 10 year olds and accidentally released.
Yeah, I agree.

Maybe even worse was the one with Bruce Willis where he had to save the world from an asteropid impact - what was it called? Can't remember.
mklose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2003, 03:24 AM   #12
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by munchkin
I thought Starship Troopers, [...] w[as] real bad.
In Britain it was advertised as "A new kind of war".  From that I knew it was cr@p, since one of Heinlein's points is that it's the same kind of war as always — them or us, fight or die...
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2003, 06:00 AM   #13
fastashell
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Drencrom
"Solaris", recently shot by Soderbergh is the worst piece of crap I have seen for the last couple of years. Especially in comparison with Stanislaw Lem's fantastic novel (1961) and great film by Andrei Tarkovsky (1972).
I didn't know they'd made another version. Thanks for the warning, I'd hate to have my memory of the first one spoiled by seeing some trashy remake.

I wonder why people think they can take a great movie and make it better, it very very rarely ever happens.

It's also interesting that some of the really great sci fi movies were made decades ago. Sure, technically they may look a bit silly now but the ideas some of them had were way beyond their time. For example, have a look at Metropolis and Forbidden Planet.
fastashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2003, 12:02 PM   #14
stovertm

originally posted by mklose
Quote:
Maybe even worse was the one with Bruce Willis where he had to save the world from an asteropid impact - what was it called? Can't remember.
Armageddon.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 06:57 PM   #15
Sydney
Essential Contributor

Lake Placid
Scary Movie 2
Nurse Betty
Sydney is offline   Reply With Quote