EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 23 May 2016, 04:02 PM   #1
rusl

Attachments up the top, not at the bottom

Am I the only person who thinks it would be better if attachments were listed (along with the previews and download links) above the email body instead of below it (and the associated quoted text including ten legal disclaimers)?

All too often I miss an attachment because it's all the way down the bottom, three screens below, and I don't bother scrolling through all the quote cruft!

I believe an attachment is more important than quoted text and should be listed up the top, just under the headers and just before the email body begins. Or at least I'd like to have that option.
rusl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 May 2016, 12:44 AM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusl View Post
Am I the only person who thinks it would be better if attachments were listed (along with the previews and download links) above the email body instead of below it (and the associated quoted text including ten legal disclaimers)?

All too often I miss an attachment because it's all the way down the bottom, three screens below, and I don't bother scrolling through all the quote cruft!

I believe an attachment is more important than quoted text and should be listed up the top, just under the headers and just before the email body begins. Or at least I'd like to have that option.
Good question, rusl - what I would like to see even more is for all email companies to be consistent about this. Often I will waste time looking for attachments that I know should be there.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2016, 11:13 PM   #3
rnkn

Agreed. I'd like to see the attachments UI in the compose screen brought over to the message screen.

Image previews are probably better kept at the bottom though.
rnkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2016, 09:08 AM   #4
fmail_fan

Yes, I agree that listing attachments at the top of the message would be a nice improvement to the UI.
fmail_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2016, 10:10 AM   #5
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Perhaps they could also have a log out button on the top bar as well as 2 clicks to log out is so stupid
Terry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2016, 05:36 PM   #6
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Perhaps they could also have a log out button on the top bar as well as 2 clicks to log out is so stupid
And one click buttons to Calendar and Address book.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2016, 11:38 PM   #7
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Agreed with this thread! +1
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote