EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 13 Jul 2017, 09:54 PM   #1
dojohn

which cheap/free own domain service?

I have an own domain for my email. I'm looking for an email service, cheap or free, which does not collect information for selling to third parties or for showing ads. Which can you recommend?
dojohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14 Jul 2017, 05:26 AM   #2
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Welcome to the EMD forums. I use Fastmail. It's not free, and cheap is defined differently by everybody. Fastmail costs me less than $5.00 a month, which is cheap for me..

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2017, 06:19 AM   #3
jhollington
Essential Contributor

Yup, I second that motion for FastMail. You get what you pay for, and for $5/month FastMail is a bargain for what it offers.... it pretty much offers everything I could get by running my own mail server, without the headaches of doing so. It's got incredible uptime and has been around long enough to be well-established.
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2017, 08:24 AM   #4
TenFour
Master of the @

POBox.com is $20 per year for multiple domains and email addresses. No webmail--just use another webmail and emails are forwarded. Totally free is Zoho basic, which is quite good with a complete suite of apps like Google Drive.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2017, 09:20 AM   #5
davy51
Master of the @

Polarismail.net is $12 a year for basic email account

And $24 a year for enhanced account
davy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2017, 12:55 AM   #6
dojohn

Thanks for the suggestions!

Does anyone use zoho mail?
Do they sell user info? Like for example when they see you are online from the imap connection suddenly a load of advertising emails start coming in and when not online for a few days no advertising emails come in (my current situation).
dojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2017, 11:00 PM   #7
TenFour
Master of the @

Zoho claims they don't scan your email for advertising purposes, but I don't have direct experience to confirm that. Even with Gmail I never found myself receiving unsolicited email based on my browsing preferences. That would be illegal for one thing, at least here in the USA.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2017, 05:20 AM   #8
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Also consider eumx.net
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2017, 06:19 AM   #9
GERGE

Exchange Online (Plan 1) is very cheap too. Very capable, I have yet to use a service more powerful. $4.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2017, 02:11 AM   #10
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Posteo.de is also very cheap, I don't have experience with them but read positive reviews on the forum.

If you insist on doing it for free, indeed Zoho.com is an option. Mail.ru and Yandex too. They also support hosting own domains.

Another option is having your mailbox with your domain registrar. Registrars like Name.com, Gandi.net, and plenty of others offer email along with domain registrations. Usually for a very reasonable price.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote