EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 17 Aug 2020, 08:02 PM   #1
JamesHenderson
Cornerstone of the Community

new emails showing as read

Hi,

Does anyone else have this problem?

Sometimes a new email will come into my inbox (I get the notification) but then cannot find the email because it has already been marked as read.

I use the web interface on my Mac and the iOS app on my iPhone. I see this problem on both devices (but I guess one needs to be causing it).
JamesHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Aug 2020, 04:47 AM   #2
pjroutledge

I don't have the problem, but I would suspect either a rule is marking them as read, or somebody else is accessing your mailbox.
You might want to change your password (and set up 2FA or similar if not done already).
pjroutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2020, 04:49 AM   #3
JamesHenderson
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjroutledge View Post
I don't have the problem, but I would suspect either a rule is marking them as read, or somebody else is accessing your mailbox.
You might want to change your password (and set up 2FA or similar if not done already).
I have 2FA setup and it is only intermittently marking some emails as read. I have no reason to believe my account has been compromised. I think this is more likely to be a bug of some sort (I do not have any mark-as-reads rules).
JamesHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote